Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2001 6:10:02 PM EDT
Went to this shop today as I passed by before and was curious. Called Buffalo Shooting Store or something similar. Well stocked with sporting rifles/shotguns. Lots of accessories/ammo and well staffed. Decent selection of target/varmit/tactical rifles. No pre-bans except for an AR-180 than I could tell from sight. Prices, however, were another thing.

$800 for post ban Century Cetmes

$500 for beat-up NO.5 Enfield Jungle Carbines

$1500 for HK civi legal G36 "sporter"

$1250 for a 80% Costa Mesa AR-180

$20 for well used, taped AR mags

$50 for NIW AR mags!

One guy, at the pistol counter, was whining loudly to other employees how he didn't want to man the pistol counter cause "all the guys into pistols weren't buying", uh.. ok, whatever.

Pistol prices were normal to high depending on models.

Did look at a Blaser R93, price actually seemed in line and am thinking about purchasing.

Very few decent gunstores in Buffalo. There is one on Niagra Falls Blvd. that is quite small and has Mak-90s for $600!...gee, I'll take two!

BrenLover
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 6:59:49 PM EDT
[#1]
You`re from the area......you wanted to get to know me......e mail me and we`ll get together sometime.......I`ve been all over, and know a lot about where to go and what to buy where around here.....(don`t know EVERYTHING, not saying that either)....the place you`re talking about is Buffalo Gun Center.....they`ve been in business for many-many years.....thing is, you MUST know what you are doing when you go in there......I`ve bought quite a bit there, but for the most part, avoid them IF possible....again, get ahold of me and we`ll talk.....ken......([email protected])
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 7:05:15 PM EDT
[#2]
P.S. The one on nia. falls blvd is American Sportsman`s Center...I believe....catchy name....honestly don`t see how he stays in business, unless he has something else going....nice guy though.......[:)]
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 7:39:31 PM EDT
[#3]
One other thing......they DO have 50 cal rifles in stock.....that tells you something.....
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 7:50:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Been in there a few times, most stuff way over priced. Johnsons in Lockport has OK prices, big selection. If you get out to Batavia check out Batavia Marine and Sportings Supply. Has a good selection of Ar's, and military stuff. Fair prices.
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 6:33:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like a plan! The Harlem R.D. store has a Barrelt 82A1 and a bullpup bolt action Barret rught now.

The store on the Blvd, you aren't kidding it's small, I cant think of when I've been in there when there were other "customers". I think he is involved with some sort of LE agency, sheriff I think. His selection leaves something to be desired.

Smoken44, any more info on these other places? Phone #s? Thanks

Black-guns, sure we can get together, my fiance's parents live in Kenmore and I live in Olean. I get up here fairly often.

BrenLover
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 8:58:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 4:51:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey, I`m for it!....sounds like a good day for those BORING winter afternoons!...(when I`m not plowing snow)....might have to work around a football game.....or not.....let`s try for it.......[smoke]
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 4:54:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Bryan....I spend MOST of my free time in a small place near jamestown....(where I REALLY live).....send me a e-mail.....i work on the west side of wonderful buffalo....so I guess that`s where I REALLY live.....[smoke]
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 5:11:27 PM EDT
[#9]
"Buffalo Gun Center" if memory serves, never been there but I've driven past it a few times on my way to the 33
Anyone shoot at the indoor range on niag falls blvd?
[url]http://www.niagaragunrange.com/[/url]

any other good ranges in the area?

syracse has a show sept 15-16
rochester sept 29-30

black-guns, I was born and raised in Jamestown (actually a little outside of it, went to maple grove)

so how many members are there from western NY?
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 5:23:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Did`nt maple grove go to state finals 6 or 7 years ago?.......nia. gun range--ripoff.....otherwise-no-unless you belong to EXPENSIVE club.....one where I go is ok.....just prohibitive.........oh yeah...pre-ban bushy for 850 if anyone`s interested...a couple "extras"...looked good though...for the "pre-ban" junkies....saw it today at my favorite shop..........new bushy "ak shorty"....same price........[smoke]
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 6:07:30 PM EDT
[#11]
baseball won in 92(I think it was 92), basketball won a few years later, went the next year and lost. I'm not sure how close football has come to the final. I've been out for 4 years now. The range fee at niag. gun range is a little high, so I only go every few months, haven't taken my bushmaster there yet

Quoted:
Did`nt maple grove go to state finals 6 or 7 years ago?.......nia. gun range--ripoff.....otherwise-no-unless you belong to EXPENSIVE club.....one where I go is ok.....just prohibitive.........oh yeah...pre-ban bushy for 850 if anyone`s interested...a couple "extras"...looked good though...for the "pre-ban" junkies....saw it today at my favorite shop..........new bushy "ak shorty"....same price........[smoke]
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 6:30:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Yeah, that IS Buffalo Gun Center... I bought my first gun from them (at their old location in the 60's). They do have pre-bans, but you need to ask for something specific. They don't seem to be into letting all the looky-loo's handle all their best stuff.
A few years ago I was buying a used P-226 from them, and just out of casual conversation, I had mentioned that I wished that I could find a nice pre-ban AK-47. To my surprise, the guy said, "fixed or folding stock?" He showed me a very nice Polytech with the milled receiver, which I bought along with the Sig. They have the "good stuff" hidden in the back room. Hard to get them to make deals, though... you really have to work on them.
Johnson's Country Store in Lockport seems to have a decent selection, and they seem to be more willing to dicker over prices. I've bought stuff from both places.

It WOULD be cool for a lot of people from this area to meet up at a local show sometime... the Lockport show in late winter is my favorite. Prices are high, as is the B.S. factor in some cases, but it's always a good time.

FITTER out
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top