Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Posted: 9/1/2001 4:15:28 PM EST
i think my hicap 30 rdr for my 10/22 broke. it wont lock in, i was putting a GAT on it, and i put the mag in for the full effect. it slides in and out with ease. i wont lock and obviously wont function. if its broke im gonna shit myself. thats gonna cost me a shitload to replace. i dont know if the factory mags are work, i will have to check on that. i am also gonna put the mag in a friends gun tomarow. any insight into this would be good. and one last thing. pray for me.
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 4:23:31 PM EST
If it's a plastic Ramline or similar 30rdr, I can relate with you there. Those things are pretty crappy- mine is great for the short term, but I know that it won't last very long. The plastic lips broke on my buddy's mag, and the company replaced it with a ten rounder!!! Talk about bullshit!
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 4:30:18 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 4:39:19 PM EST
Pray something special will happen come September 2004.
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 4:51:31 PM EST
Matt don't throw it out. Probably goona cost you money anyway but a company makes aluminum replacement bodies for pre-ban ruger 10-22 mags. All you need it the preban spring and follower. If it is broken let me know and I will find you the contact information.
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 4:58:35 PM EST
David- please let me know who replaces these things- I'm not about to trade it in for a 10 rounder!
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 5:09:38 PM EST
If it's the locking nib on the back that has broken, you might be able to fabricate a new locking nib using about 2mm of coat hanger wire crazy-glued in place. I had a Ram-Line with that problem given to me over a decade ago - it still works flawlessly today, cheesy coathanger piece and all. I'd be interested in those replacement aluminum hicap 10/22 mag bodies too...
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 5:16:35 PM EST
e8ght, that is exactally what happened. its a ram line. it pretty old and has hung in their pretty good all things considered. [b]DAVID_HINELINE, i would LOVE to replace the mag body[b], even if it is moderatly pricey, i would still be into it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 5:19:34 PM EST
Hey David, A few of us on this post would really appreciate that info about the new mag bodies...how bout it? -Rich
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 8:27:31 PM EST
yeah really i got a almost busted ramline
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 8:45:30 PM EST
BTTT
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 8:51:41 PM EST
I'm assuming this is the info David Hineline was refering to: [url]www.atocha1622.com/mmag.htm[/url] I found this url a long time ago, and saved it. I haven't dealt with this company, and don't really know anything about them, but I've got a couple of busted HiCaps myself that I'd like to repair someday. This option may be pricey, but it seems like it may an answer.
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 9:46:09 PM EST
well, that is more than buying another pre ban mag.
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 9:49:19 PM EST
No one ever regrets buying quality product. Of course you other option is to buy another Ramline 50-rnd mag and be back on the busted mag situation in another year.
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 9:50:10 PM EST
Top Top