Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2001 2:18:59 AM EDT
I'm sure you all have heard by now, but yesterday afternoon the ATF & L.A. Sherrifs raided a home in California. They claimed Firearms violations. A Deputy was killed. The part that seemed eerily familiar was that the ATF had/may not have had a dubious warrant, fired incindiary rounds and eventually burned down the house with the occupant(s) trapped inside. Now, this seems eerily similar to the ATF's actions at Waco. They have already begun smearing the deceased suspect. Now, obviously being a convicted Felon(Felony Burglary),he isn't somebody the people will care about. But, we must condemn the ATF's actions even if the guy was scum. The ATF seems to prefer to go in with dubious/or even without warrants, start firefights, then burn down the place with the suspect in it. Are these guys Police or Hitmen ? They are definitely Pyromaniacs. An innocent Deputy lost his life, but could it have been prevented if the ATF hadn't felt like being Rambo ? Also, why would the ATF not produce the warrant when asked ? Shortly after the raid, the ATF spokesman was asked about the warrant and he stated it was across town. Why was it not there ? SHouldn't the agents conducting the Raid have had a copy to show the suspect ?
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 2:29:26 AM EDT
[#1]
"Shortly after the raid, the ATF spokesman was asked about the warrant and he stated it was across town. Why was it not there ? SHouldn't the agents conducting the Raid have had a copy to show the suspect ?"

Yea they shoulda - IF they intended to arrest him rather than just murder him like they generally do!  Exactly what ALL the JBT have in mind for ALL of us.
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 2:47:33 AM EDT
[#2]
alcahol tabbaco and firebombers!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 2:54:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm pro-local cop.  

All Federal "law" enforcement agents should be dragged into the streets and shot for crimes against the people of the United States.  Then their ashes should be scattered at sea as to not blaspheme the soil of America.

Just my feelings.

"Do what you will,
just leave me the hell out of it."
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 3:04:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 3:16:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 5:22:39 AM EDT
[#6]
I hear now that thay can't find the perp. Did he escape?
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 1:19:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Another bit of info that came out was that the warrant was classified as "high risk". The ATF knew what they were getting into and screwed up again.

Why don't they just stick to collecting taxes and investigating fires instead of starting them?
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 1:27:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Maybe Bush will take notice and form a "kinder,gentler"BATF.Bastards Of The Feds.
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 1:37:22 PM EDT
[#9]
I just heard a blurb on the news a little while ago that said "the suspect later torched his own house."  Funny, I watched a good portion of that event unfold live on TV and, you know what?  The fire started on second floor in the back left corner of the house, right behind that window that they fired the canisters through.  How do I know this you ask?  I watched the fire come through the roof there and then burn its way across the rest of the roof until you could see the entire second floor.  

What a chance happening!  I know, when he realized they just fired canisters into his house, he birthed a brilliant scheme to smear the Feds and ran upstairs to set fire to his own house in that exact spot!  What a genius!
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 1:46:50 PM EDT
[#10]
this is the first i have heard of this incident.

All quiet on the Texas front.

Link Posted: 9/1/2001 2:22:10 PM EDT
[#11]
The LACSO is covering its ass against possible lawsuits.  And it looks like the LA area media are sympathetic to their cause. Even though it is obvious they used pyrotechnic CS gas cannisters, notorious for starting fires.  Also the fire took way too long to move through the house for a accelerant to be at work.  Another strike against their arguments.

But it was the LACSO that did this fire NOT the BATF for once.  From what I can tell in the media there were only 4 Federal agents present the whole time- two ATF and two US Marshals. Everyone else there is local. Since it was a sheriffs deputy that got killed there was a little street justice being taken out here- just like the LAPD leaving one of the North Hollywood bank robbers to bleed to death in the street.

Situations like this are why the NYPD ESU are not just SWAT officers but are also cross-trained as firefighters and parametics. It avoids the problem of "having" to let people die and fires to burn because it is "unsafe" for firefighters and parametics to enter the crime scene. Now they dont have this excuse anymore in NYC- although the Patrol divison still finds its own ways to administer punishment without them.
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 2:26:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 2:41:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
[img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/fart.gif[/img]
View Quote

I don't get it.  And where the hell is my door?[;)]
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 2:47:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top