Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2001 1:09:50 PM EDT
Well, about two weeks ago I finally graduated from the Sheriff's academy!

[img]http://www.interworkssolutions.com/deputy.jpg[/img]

Flame away! Hehe.. Just had to tell someone about my accomplishment..

Ian
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 1:12:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 1:14:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Congratulations.  Remember your oath to support and defend the Constitution, along with enforcing the law...

It's good to have one of us on the other side of the badge.

Watch your six, and end your shift with the same number of holes in you with which you started![beer]

Semper Fi!

Ken Little
View Quote

Haha.. Thanks for the advice [:D]

Ian
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 1:15:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 1:17:20 PM EDT
[#4]
congrats!

Stay safe.

Shawn
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 1:19:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Word of advice:  If you're tasked with serving a warrant in conjunction with a BATF agent - DON'T!

Good luck!
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 1:21:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Congradulations.

Now, remember what kpel308 said!

If you can remain one of the good guys, ignore our slams against LEO's, we ain't talking about YOU, we are talking about the bad ones.  The ones that don't follow their oath to the constitution, the ones that abuse their power and the ones that "are just following orders".

Avoid the traps of power and be proud of what you do.

Also, think of the future.  A career in Law Enforcement doesn't mean staying a cop.  The job has a high burnout rate (suicide, divorce, alcoholism), you might want to transition into becoming a lawyer (gasp), judge, whatever.
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 1:23:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Word of advice:  If you're tasked with serving a warrant in conjunction with a BATF agent - DON'T!

Good luck!
View Quote

I will take that into consideration. [:D]

Ian
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 1:25:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Congradulations.

If you can remain one of the good guys, ignore our slams against LEO's, we ain't talking about YOU, we are talking about the bad ones.  The ones that don't follow their oath to the constitution, the ones that abuse their power and the ones that "are just following orders".

Also, think of the future.  A career in Law Enforcement doesn't mean staying a cop.  The job has a high burnout rate (suicide, divorce, alcoholism), you might want to transition into becoming a lawyer (gasp), judge, whatever.
View Quote

Ya know, I'd actually feel safer if i were to pull someone over who has a CCW than someone who does not. Odds are that if someone else tried to shoot me they'd have my back. It's hard to relate my morals and ideals to everyone on this board in a nutshell, but that should sum it up pretty well.

Ian
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 1:47:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Congradulations.

View Quote

EXACTLY what he said!
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 4:26:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Congradulations on becoming a Leo.

Always eat your wheaties,
Don't forget the kevlar,
and last but not least,
Its better to be tried by twelve
than carried by six.

Good Luck and be careful.

Moose

Link Posted: 8/31/2001 4:33:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Congrats Ion.  My father is also a deputy for OK County (reserve).  You'll probably get to know him if you patrol the Jones area at all.
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 4:33:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Congratulations Ian,

Welcome to the ranks.  Remember, nothing is "routine", reactionary gap, and F.I. stance.  And lastly, remember no matter where you are, there's a gun there also.

Kiwi
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 4:55:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Congrats Ian, remember to stay one of the good guys.

Do good works, follow your heart and the constitution.

Link Posted: 8/31/2001 5:00:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Congratulations! I be there my self next Oct.
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 5:00:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Congratulations! I'll be there my self next Oct.
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 5:59:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
With all the Paint Shop Pro's out there I'm afraid your gonna regret posting you mug! [:D]

Congradulations though!

[img]http://www.ncsg.org/topohat-small.jpg[/img]
View Quote

You asked for it...

[img]www.auburn.edu/~littlcb/sheriffninja.jpg[/img]

But seriously, congrats on the new work.  I'm sure you'll do fine as long as you keep your head on straight (um, no pun intended with the Photoshop work)
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 6:46:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Well, about two weeks ago I finally graduated from the Sheriff's academy!

[img]http://www.interworkssolutions.com/deputy.jpg[/img]

Flame away! Hehe.. Just had to tell someone about my accomplishment..

Ian
View Quote

My 11yr old son wants to say Congrats...(along with myself)

You see,his name is IAN also.

So you see...your already a ROLE MODEL !!!

Do us CCW holders Proud. [%(]
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 11:20:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Wear your vest ALWAYS!!!!!! I hope all of your patrols are boring as hell, if you know what I mean.
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 11:35:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Thoes eyes! sure you're not a T2000 or something? [beer] [^] congrads
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 12:53:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By SILVER SURFER:
Thoes eyes! sure you're not a T2000 or something? [beer] [^] congrads
View Quote

Yeah, look at the sparkle in those eyes.  Congrats man!  I'll look for ya on COPS.[beer]
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 2:38:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 3:54:56 AM EDT
[#22]
Congrats!  

Remember: Always watch the other persons hands.
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 6:58:21 AM EDT
[#23]
"Ya know, I'd actually feel safer if i were to pull someone over who has a CCW than someone who does not. Odds are that if someone else tried to shoot me they'd have my back. It's hard to relate my morals and ideals to everyone on this board in a nutshell, but that should sum it up pretty well." Ian

I got'chur back buddy. You get in any trouble when I'm up in Okieville and your gonna have a SAR-8 up in the face of whoever's got'cha cornered. Just don't shoot me after I air them out a little.

Congrats. I worked as a LEO up in Kansas many years ago and my best advise is be careful when pulling someone over at night. That part sucks. Just remember your training. It will save your ass and is one of only two things you can depend on in a situation. The other is your partner. Hope you get a good one and be careful...
Link Posted: 9/1/2001 5:47:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Man get the hell out of here NOW!

After the Dep. and the ATF guys got shot out in CA. some guys in here have been on a anti-LEO trip.

I'm telling you man get out now they think you want there guns.
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 6:04:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Congrats, You now have an opportunity to do many good things.
Just remember where you came from.
Use your head cause the Book isn't always right.

Try to set a good example in everthing you do.
'Cause there will always be someone
to scrutinize your actions "After the Fact".

And,
Lets be Carefull out there. [:)]

Del
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 6:12:36 AM EDT
[#26]
Congratulations!

Follow your heart & stay safe!

Tyler
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 6:14:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Congratulations
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 6:23:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Congratulations. Don't forget the "Shades", there is a reason for them. My son's a Deputy Sheriff and I'm the "Godfather" of a Deputy Sheriffs' daughter, he is also a member of the "SWAT" Team. Hopefully one or the other will warn me when the APC's are on their way. "Keep Your Powder Dry"
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 6:33:32 AM EDT
[#29]
Congrats Ian [beer]

We need someway of recognizing it's you...maybe wear a pink chiffon dress [:D]

Good Luck!
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 7:35:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Congratulations!  It would probably be more accurate to say it's finally [i]begun[/i]... your career, that is. [:D]

As for the LEO bashers?  My opinion is they'd be the first punks whining if y'all weren't out there on the streets... always consider the source.

Be careful and if you ever need someone to practice your handcuffing technique and take down moves, let me know... [;)]
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 8:20:57 AM EDT
[#31]
Congratulations, Ian.  We need all the good cops we can get.

---------
Are the sparkly eyes department issue, or aftermarket?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top