Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2001 10:13:08 PM EDT
[img]http://heritage.stsci.edu/public/jun3/9925a.jpg[/img]

Somebody has already ? "wrote/drew? the pictures on the walls"

How far can your mind expand on that thought?

I will ask?  What gave the ancients the idea's that there were people/gods from outerspace that they would print/ paint their visions on cave walls  millions of years ago??

HHHHMMMM?

edited for the Grammer police
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 10:48:43 PM EDT
[#1]
[img]http://heritage.stsci.edu/public/2000dec6/0036a.jpg[/img]

How can you not be intrigued?
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 10:53:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh were not alone.

[(:|)]artbell[(:|)]
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 10:58:16 PM EDT
[#3]
After I watched COSMOS on PBS it dawned on me just how insignificant I was in the vastness of the universe.  It didn't make me feel any better though because I still had no womenz.
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 11:02:13 PM EDT
[#4]
if you think about it?
our whole world?
can be a molecule under somebodies finger nail?
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 11:25:22 PM EDT
[#5]
[img]http://heritage.stsci.edu/public/2001feb/0105a.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 11:27:49 PM EDT
[#6]
[img]http://heritage.stsci.edu/public/99oct7/hh32/9935a.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 4:32:37 AM EDT
[#7]

[size=5]ACK ACK ACK ACK ACKACK ! ![/SIZE=5]
[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/001/pE/xh/Q6/jZ31100.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 4:44:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
if you think about it?
our whole world?
can be a molecule under somebodies finger nail?
View Quote

Wow- that's deep......could we also be a dingleberry on some alien's butt?.....

Reality check: despite the imaginations of primitive (and not so primitive) peoples, trying to explain away their fears of the night, as well as that of the Weekly World News and Pahrump, NV's, most famous resident, there is, even after centuries of investigation, ZERO evidence of any extra-terrestrial life. No Roswell, no Hangar 18, no X-Files. No little green men.

Zero. Zilch. Rien. Nichts. Nada. Bupkis.

Just because somebody thinks something exists, doesn't mean that it does. Otherwise, prove it.

Click your heels, Dorothy- and we'll all return to Kansas..

(insert eye-rolling icon here....)
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 4:46:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Post from Imbrolio -
After I watched COSMOS on PBS it dawned on me just how insignificant I was in the vastness of the universe. It didn't make me feel any better though because I still had no womenz.
View Quote

Nonsense, my dear Man, YOU are more significant that any great 'gas bags' hanging out there in the dark vastness of our universe.

And rest assured, that there [u]is[/u] a womenz out there somewhere awaiting the implantation of a special 'Imbryo' within her womb.

Eric The(...OrNot)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 5:11:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Just because somebody thinks something exists, doesn't mean that it does. Otherwise, prove it.
View Quote

Everyone thought the world was flat until they were proven wrong.  They thought the sun and planets revolved around the Earth, they were wrong.  They thought Earth was the center of the universe, they were wrong.....

Who's to say there are other living things out there?  Only time will tell.  Better telescopes to view the nearest stars and their planets.  Our planet / solarsystem / galaxy is just a grain of sand on a beach full of a googolplex (The number 10 raised to the power googol, written out as the numeral 1 followed by 10100 zeros) of sand.  [:D]

Yes, there is life out there and someday we might just know for sure.

PS.  Beautiful pictures.
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 6:51:14 AM EDT
[#11]
For an extremely good read on the mathematical possiblity to the existance of life off this planet, I highly suggest reading the book "Are We Alone?  Philosophical Implications of the Discovery of Extraterrestial Life" by P.C.W. Davis.

Extremly interesting writing.
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 7:00:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Yeah right, mathematically speaking, WE shouldn't even exist!

Eric The(WhateverHappenedTo[u]Observable[/u]Science?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 7:07:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Well you may be right.  I personally think that all the people I meet are the product of my own deranged imagination.  

(stolen without permission from Douglas Adams)
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 7:15:23 AM EDT
[#14]
[b]Oh NO![/b] [:o]

What happens when the great one's return and realize a bunch of parasites have infested Earth

RAID!
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 7:15:39 AM EDT
[#15]
It's "WE'RE (we are) not alone"

Not "were not alone"

English folks, english.

Here's another fun one for you:

"They're going to fire their guns from over there."

They're, their, there - all have different meanings.
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 7:24:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Geeze FFYR, liten up on the pour spellers. You mite hirt there feelings!
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 7:37:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Geeze FFYR, liten up on the pour spellers. You mite hirt there feelings!
View Quote

It's not bad spelling, it's bad grammar.  It's starting to annoy me in some posts as well.

Anyway, you cannot say something is not possible until you [b]disprove[/b] it.
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 7:44:15 AM EDT
[#18]
[img]http://www.novaspace.com/POSTERS/PIX/URH.jpeg[/img]

Our existence is statistically unlikely, but considering the vastness of the universe, I find it [b]extremely[/b] unlikely that we're alone.  However, considering the vastness of the universe, I find it extremely unlikely we'll meet anyone else any time soon.
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 7:46:53 AM EDT
[#19]
finally someone else besides myself noticed how bad grammar is on the posts.  dont bitch about my capitalizations either. i do it for convenience.  

and about the topic...i dont believe in ufos, etc..

but in this vast-ass universe, i believe that there is life other than our little earth.
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 8:00:19 AM EDT
[#20]
You know what convinced me?  At the Smithsonean Space museum they have this giant mural, I dont know its like 16ft long by 8ft high?  Its supposed to me a map of the know universe, all the galaxies and such... in the middle of it off to the side theres a little arrow that says "YOU ARE HERE!"...  

Its not even point to Earth, just our galaxy!  I find it hard to believe that there isnt life somewhere out there.

M.
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 8:15:51 AM EDT
[#21]
So far, 100% of the solar systems we've explored have contained intelligent life. [;)]
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 8:20:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
You know what convinced me?  At the Smithsonean Space museum they have this giant mural, I dont know its like 16ft long by 8ft high?  Its supposed to me a map of the know universe, all the galaxies and such... in the middle of it off to the side theres a little arrow that says "YOU ARE HERE!"...  

Its not even point to Earth, just our galaxy!  I find it hard to believe that there isnt life somewhere out there.

M.
View Quote

That map is only 2d. If It were 3d, it would probably be much larger.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top