Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2001 1:55:04 PM EDT
Well after being bashed for not searching the AR15.com web site first before asking my question about Mattel Toys and the M-16 rifle I sent a letter to the U.S. Army Ordnance Museum at Aberdeen Proving Grounds. These folks should know because Aberdeen does all the testing. I even sent a photo of a “Mattel” M-16 that a AR15.com member posted. The director of the museum states, “Mattel did not make the weapon, nor did it have anything to do with making any parts for the weapon”. I hope this puts an end to all hoaxes.
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 1:56:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 1:57:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Well after being bashed for not searching the AR15.com web site first before asking my question about Mattel Toys and the M-16 rifle I sent a letter to the U.S. Army Ordnance Museum at Aberdeen Proving Grounds. These folks should know because Aberdeen does all the testing. I even sent a photo of a “Mattel” M-16 that a AR15.com member posted. The director of the museum states, “Mattel did not make the weapon, nor did it have anything to do with making any parts for the weapon”. I hope this puts an end to all hoaxes.
View Quote

As far as I'm concerned that is the end of it!  Bill Atwater knows his stuff!!  Plus he's a friend of my dad....
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 2:05:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 2:27:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Hell, I even saw a photocopied letter once posted somewhere on the net from Mattel stating that they had nothing to do with any type of arms manufacturing and specifically the M16 rifle. Even then other people were saying that the division of Mattel that made the buttstocks or whatever were spun off and no longer Mattel or some other stupid story.

I don't understand how some people could be so gullible.

Michael
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 8:20:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I even sent a photo of a “Mattel” M-16 that a AR15.com member posted. The director of the museum states
View Quote

We're famous!
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 10:46:43 PM EDT
[#6]
It wasn't Mattel, it was Hasbro. In the summer of 68 I was 11 years old, one of my brothers friends was back from nam, he was showing us some photos , and their it was, a close up of the new fangled 22 caliber poodle shooter the military was issuing. It was stamped Hasbro on the butt stock. Seen the photo with my own 2
--O-O-- eyes.

Waterdog
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 7:00:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Does anybody have a .jpg or other image of what the Mattel company logo looked like back in the late 50's or 60's???

I'm thinking about putting a Mattel stamp on my post-ban A2 and selling it at the next gun show.

(That shit'll fetch some righteous dough for Dolomite and all hiz ho's.)
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 5:44:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Facts is facts:

http://www.mindspring.com/~kmeans/mattel.jpg
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 6:46:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Aw, can we really believe the government?
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 11:33:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top