Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2001 8:07:08 PM EDT
I have a Ruger Ranch model .223 and am thinking of trading it and a couple of 30round mags. for a Winchester model 70 in .300 Weatherby Magnum with a 4-12X 44magnum scope. Would this be a good deal?
I just bought the Ruger about 4 months ago for $450. It is the stainless model and a lot of fun, but I also purchased an Armalite M15A2 recently and like it so much that the mini is relegated to the kids.
Any and all opinions taken into consideration.
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 8:13:11 PM EDT
[#1]
trade the mini for a nice AK
[x]
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 8:15:21 PM EDT
[#2]
What are the particulars on the Win?
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 8:22:23 PM EDT
[#3]
You are trading one class of rifle for another. Either are suited for different purposes.

That being said, .300WBY is a Baaaaaaaaaaaad mutherfuka. I am doing a .338 LAP myself, but .300 WBY is next once I get that finished.
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 4:06:03 PM EDT
[#4]
jj, I am working on an AK on another front. AK's seem to be fairly cheap out here.

1GUNRUNNER, I am not sure what the particulars sre on the Win., but it has a 24" barrel, walnut monte carlo stock, 3 round capacity.

Landon, I took this bad boy out and fired half a dozen rounds through it. I have to agree with your description.

Here's where I am, I like both rifles. I would like to have the range of the ..300, but would probably never actually need it. The mini is a lot of fun and more useful.

I was thinking value wise, would it be a good trade?
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 5:41:10 PM EDT
[#5]
at first i thought you wanted to trade a model 70 for a mini. you'd have to be doing drugs to do that. nuy the 70.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top