Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2001 9:56:28 AM EDT
Has anyone used one of these trigger systems that simulates full auto fire on any of their rifles.  I have seen then advertised and am curious as to how well they work and the quality of them.  Any replies will be greatly appreciated.  Thank You
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 10:08:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Never seen one work myself. I have tried them and they are a waste of time and money.
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 12:16:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 12:41:55 PM EDT
[#3]
JRStrines -

Forget the crappy trigger attachments that don't work.  You're in PA - just save up and buy the real thing.  For the most part, PA is a very NFA friendly state, and there's a lot of NFA owners and dealers there. What county are you in?
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 2:22:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Take a Dremel to the interior of the inside of the left rail of your frame.
Then drill a-------   never mind!!
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 2:51:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the advice everyone.  Save me from wasting money on theses things.  By the way Shaggy I am from York County.
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 3:04:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I once tried something called a drop in sear trigger system, or something like that. That thing was awesome. It was just like a machinegun. It even came with a little piece of paper that said it was old enough that it wasn't really a machinegun. I misplaced it during a move and I haven't been able to find it since, but it was lots of fun.
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 3:10:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Thanks for the advice everyone.  Save me from wasting money on theses things.  By the way Shaggy I am from York County.
View Quote

I haven't heard anything bad about the CLEO from York.  Thats not an ironclad guarantee you can get a signoff on a form 4 for a machinegun, but my guess is that if you want a registered MG, you can get the CLEO signoff for one.  Its usually only the counties in and around the big cities (Philly & Pittsburg) that you'll have any trouble getting the signoff.
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 3:14:34 PM EDT
[#8]
You are right Shaggy. I have talked to gunshop owners around the area, It doesn't seem to be a problem getting them at all.  I actually think the one has 3.  Until I saved the money I was hoping there was a way that I could cheat and have some fun.  I guess there is no way but the right way.
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 3:43:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Edited because I don't want to get anyone in trouble.... [:D]
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 3:43:42 PM EDT
[#10]
[url]http://come.to/ar15[/url]

Click on "Information on FULL AUTO"

Provided as INFORMATION only.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 3:51:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same thing can be accomplished if you simply remove the part you mentioned in your pre-edited post. It causes the rifle to slamfire by the hammer riding the bolt home. It could be pretty dangerous should you happen to break a firing pin or have something else go wrong by causing an out of battery detonation and destroying the rifle and possibly your face in the explosion.

Michael
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 4:15:11 PM EDT
[#12]
[url]http://members.fortunecity.com/spygearmerch/itm00379.htm[/url]

DONT BUY ONE, THESE THINGS ARE EVIL AND ATTRACT BATF AGENTS TO HAVE SEX WITH YOUR PILLOWS!

On the other side if you do, your going to have to buy all the M16 parts to go with it, such as trigger, bolt carrier, etc.

This is info only, I provide this info in full hopes he will willingly let the goverment control his RKBA.
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 5:13:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Same thing can be accomplished if you simply remove the part you mentioned in your pre-edited post. It causes the rifle to slamfire by the hammer riding the bolt home. It could be pretty dangerous should you happen to break a firing pin or have something else go wrong by causing an out of battery detonation and destroying the rifle and possibly your face in the explosion.

Michael
View Quote

Very good point.  Too many "what ifs" when experimenting.  Always best to do it the legal and hopefully safer way (thus the quick edit).

You read that fast.

Link Posted: 8/28/2001 7:27:29 PM EDT
[#14]
the GAT and other cranks work mechanically, but its not like FA at all, and i wouldnt mess wiht it on other than a .22 or maybe a paintball gun, hey, that gives me an idea
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top