Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2001 4:10:34 PM EDT
Today was my first day back, and I had a bad day at the lab!

Today was also the first day in which I spent sitting upright in a chair, at a desk as well.  

I had to leave early because the pain was so severe, I thought I was going to puke.  I haven't had any pain meds, other than 1 Demerol since I've been home, and hope to not have to take any, but todays pain sent me into orbit!

I'll be spending tomorrow at the very least, where I should have been today, back in bed recovering!

As long as I'm flat on my back, I seem to bee okay, but when I'm upright, my guts shift and seem like they fall loose.  This is probably about the case to, since during the laproscopy they literally seperate your outer "shell" from your gut sack.

The pain was so bad, that breathing became a chore.

Link Posted: 8/27/2001 4:12:44 PM EDT
[#1]
thanks for the update
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 4:17:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Hang in there Tim,

Remember - pain is nature's way of telling you that you're still alive. [:D]

Link Posted: 8/27/2001 4:19:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Hang in there Tim,

Remember - pain is nature's way of telling you that you're still alive. [:D]

View Quote

I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A bird will fall frozen dead from a bough, without ever having felt sorry for itself.
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 4:21:36 PM EDT
[#4]
[size=5]?[/size=5]

Link Posted: 8/27/2001 4:28:42 PM EDT
[#5]
antiUSSA,
Take it easy, and mend well.

Every day is a gift.

When you get a chance, get to know someone in a wheelchair, or has terminal cancer. They really understand what life is about. "What will they say, when they close the lid (on your casket)?"

As for pain, maybe it was the Dalai Lama, or some other Zen guy, who said to "focus, and analyze the pain. When your brain completely tryies to scan it, this blocks the pain signals headed the opposite way."

Seemed to help some for my knee surgery, since the Vicodins were useless, and morphine shots lasted maybe 20secs.

Get well soon.
What xanadu said, since we'll be dead a *long* time.
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 4:29:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 4:32:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Take it easy till you heal properly. If it hurts when you do that,DON'T DO THAT!! Get well soon.
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 4:40:59 PM EDT
[#8]
kidney? oi vey! you should know some real pain!

let me tell you, kvetch! i should know from pain!

a kidney! that's for shmucks! let me tell you, now a bowel resection??? THAT'S pain!

rest up tim! i got a track bike...no brakes...fixed gear! this fall, i'll come out and let you chase my rear tire to the indiana border and back!
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 4:44:33 PM EDT
[#9]
When I'm Passing "Stones"
(which ain't sh*t compared to the pains you are feeling)
I remember the Wifes Lamaz classes.
The taught us about"Psychoprophalactics" or using the mind to control the pain.

I thought they were going to tell me I was Crazy for not wearing a Rubber.

Just a lil 'bit o humor for ya.

Take care of yourself Tim, We need you here!!!

Del
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 6:37:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Hey there Tim old pal............Hope tomorrow is a better day for ya.

If you would just quit being such a damned aggravating bitch Cathy would stop having to give you those kidney punches................geez........lay off the lady huh?

Seriously.......take it easy....the worst thing you can do is try to make too fast a recovery........not that we don't miss ya cause we all do.

Take care and stay in bed!
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 9:17:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Try not to breath, Tim.

Seriously - wish you the speediest and smoothest of recoveries.  And stay out of the damned operating room!

Tate
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 9:40:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 10:57:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 11:21:55 PM EDT
[#14]
You should take it easy.  The company will survive for a little while without you.  I am sure that it is very difficult to concentrate on your work while you are in pain, therefore you are not doing yourslf or your company any good.  Get well soon buddy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top