Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2001 8:47:36 PM EDT
realization of a childhood desire to have seen it on a big screen.

well chaps, this is an [i]altogether different movie[/i] than before. many added scenes. while i was watching the film i thought them kind of upsetting and self indulgent of the filmmaker (kinda like when your grandmother tells you all the family secrets for the first time). however, they do serve to connect some loose details from the previous film. and provide a deeper foundation to the story. more marlon too. humanizes his character a little more.

i like this movie too. more of an odessy, than just a descent into hell. probably truer to conrad's [i]heart of darkness[/i]. haven't read it, but probably will now.

can't wait for the dvd.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 8:58:12 PM EDT
[#1]
4 hours! Man, I wonder if the theater will let me bring in  a Lazy-Boy, and a 12pk of beer.[:D]
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 9:02:55 PM EDT
[#2]
the new seats in this theater were similar to airline seats. alas, no beer.
making up for that now.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 9:04:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Loved it. A visionary's movie, unlike the dreck out nowadays. I miss the '70s for movies.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 10:58:58 PM EDT
[#4]
just think [b]BYOB[/b]
Link Posted: 8/25/2001 4:07:15 AM EDT
[#5]
This will be the first film that I'll purchase as soon as it hits the shelves (gotta have that 12 pack for this one!).
[beer][beer][beer][beer][beer][beer]
Link Posted: 8/25/2001 7:23:40 AM EDT
[#6]
ya know, while were on the subject of beer and theaters with comfy seats...

it has long been my fantasy, to one day, own a movie house that has bouncers.

big hairy east european types. talkers would be held 'till after the show, and then brought out on stage and humiliated by an insult comic. say, TRIUMPH THE INSULT COMIC DOG. then, rotten fruit would be provided to pummel them. in the event of a rudenik emergence, you would press a call button, the movie would [i]pause[/i], and schwartzeneger-like attendants with night vision goggles would come, lift them bodily out of their seat, and wisk them soundlesly to a sound proof holding tank. naturally all patrons would have to sign a release.(it's no longer just teenagers feeling rowdy. last night i had to shush, and almost threatened bodily harm, to a well dressed, middle-aged couple in a small [i]art-house theater[/i]!)

stadium seating, reclining lazyboys with foot rests for everyone. BEER, and fresh, gourmet popcorn and snacks.

waddya think?
Link Posted: 8/25/2001 7:47:21 AM EDT
[#7]
I cannot wait to see it.  [bounce]
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 12:27:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Why would you waste your time with a movie with Martin Sheen(an anti-gun shithead)?? I have seen the movie, and I enjoyed it very much, but now that I know what Mr. Sheen's political views are, I won't waste one thin dime on ANYTHING he has done.
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 12:35:53 PM EDT
[#9]
I ahve to agree with Timh70, I can't condone giving one red cent to that major numb-nuts sheen.

He turns around and uses our money against us.  No thanks.
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 6:57:15 PM EDT
[#10]
amen timh 70 and hielo... it was a great movie, just watched the original version couple weeks ago with my shooting buddy...but now that i know sheen is such an idiot, no thanks.
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 8:36:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Almighty to pbrstreetgang, over.

I just saw it a week or so ago, and I loved it. Definitely in my top 10 favorites of all time.
The extra footage really brought the whole thing together, and expanded on some things left unfinished in the original version.
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 8:40:53 PM EDT
[#12]
[red][size=6]Charlie don't surf!!![/size=6][/red]
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 9:27:19 PM EDT
[#13]
There is a theater in Oakland that has tables and serves food and beer (I think) during the movie.  They also have living room style chairs and couches.  Would go more except that it is in Oakland.
Link Posted: 8/26/2001 9:59:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Where did you see this movie?

Was it a special engagement

It is not here yet  (Az)

I have bee waiting too long

Biggame223

Out
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 10:38:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Where did you see this movie?

Was it a special engagement

It is not here yet  (Az)

I have bee waiting too long

Biggame223

Out
View Quote

I'm not sure what area you're in, but I saw it at a small theater in North Scottsdale just past the Fashion Square Mall.
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 10:47:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
There is a theater in Oakland that has tables and serves food and beer (I think) during the movie.  They also have living room style chairs and couches.  Would go more except that it is in Oakland.
View Quote

That theater serves pitchers and delivers housemade pizza and other food to your sofa while your watching the movie.[:D]It was also featured on Bay Area Backroads.

Alex    [beer]
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 10:51:56 PM EDT
[#17]
update- somehow i missed it the first time. the theatre i saw it in DOES serve beer! waddaya know!
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 10:14:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Picked up the Redux version on DVD last Tuesday. I thought it was much better than the original which was my favorite movie of all time. Rent or buy it!
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 10:48:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Why is it that most actors and actresses who star in the most violent movies (just to make money and be famous) are so anti gun? Martin Sheen, Danny Glover, Michael Douglas, Tim Roth pop into mind without much thought.
Why buy their crap? I admit that I like Apocalypse Now, the leathel weapon series, Pulp fiction,ect,.. but now I won't spend my money on movies with these actors (or any other that I find out about). Why give them money to use against us?

[smoke]
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 11:04:53 AM EDT
[#20]
I stopped supporting the anti-gun crowd a long time ago.  The wife and I go might see a movie once or twice a year and that's because she wants to see the movie.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top