Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2001 7:26:12 PM EDT
I have recently discovered the CZ75.

OK, I actually have knwo about them for years, but recently gave them aserious look.  The HS2000 seems GREAT, but i am just not interested in a hammerless design.  Just personal prefference,

Anyhow, any imprssions on the CZ line of compacts is appreciated.

Comparisons to the USP40 comp. to the new Beretta 9000s are also welcomed.

[b]Please[/b] don't make this a [i]'Just get a (insert, GLOCK, SIG, HK, Beretta, or HS here)[/i] kind of thread.  I know there are CZ forums, but I have a greater interest in those opinions who aren't in the process of evangelizing their brand.

Thanks.

Zaz

[b]"I have given up trying to understand people in favor of mocking them[/b]

PICS

[img]http://cz-usa.com/pro/_t2/p7.jpg[/img]
[img]http://cz-usa.com/pro/_t2/p5.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 7:40:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Here's my .02.

The CZ is my favorite 9MM Pistol next to the HS.
It is just as accurate as my HS, and the trigger is just as good as my HS.

Link Posted: 8/24/2001 7:51:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't know about the compacts but got a CZ75 9mm about a year ago and just seem to take it to the range more than the Beretta 92fs lately.  Need to swap out the grips though.

My brother is looking for a compact in .40 and I can't tell if they are making them yet.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 8:01:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, I used to have a CZ100 in 9mm.  The gun was great, except for the trigger.  It will do for defense work, but for target shooting or IDPA it sucked.  Long, stiff and gritty...

Now I have the CZ75b.  AWESOME!

As far as combat pistols go, the CZ75 is on par with the 1911 and BHP, no doubt about it.

I would say that the CZ75 is among the 5 top combat pistols of the 20th century.

Now, I have not shot the compact models, but I will tell you, the PCR alloy model feels REALLY nice in my hand...

I am not a CZ zealot, I have owned CZ, Ruger, Taurus, Glock, HS2000, Kel-Tec, Browning, Bersa, Pheonix Arms, Kimber, Beretta and Kahr...

For the best combat pistol, I liked the HS2000 and CZ75, even over the Beretta Glock and Kimber.  The only reason the Kimber did not win was because of it's limited ammo capacity.  The HS2000 easily beat out my Glock 19.

For a compact pistol, the Kahr P9 was phenomenal.  I only traded it because I needed the cash for my AR15...  hehehe

CZ is the largest supplier of military and police weapons in the world, outside of the US.  Even our Seal teams have used some of their SMG's...
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 8:19:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a CZ 75B and absolutely love it. Between my Beretta 92F, Sig 220, and Glock 27, the CZ sees the most range time. It is a pleasure to shoot. Hardly any recoil, extremely accurate, smoothest out of box trigger I have ever felt.

And at $350 you can not beat it. Only thing that I recommend changing on them are the crappy stock grips. Get a Hogue wrap around, makes it a dream to shoot. Don't forget you can carry it cocked and locked too.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 8:27:23 PM EDT
[#5]
The CZ75B is very nice. One of the best.

I recently checked out the CZ40B at my local dealer. Based upon the CZ75B action in .40 cal, a joint venture by Colt and CZ. Medium sized. Not as small as the PCR, but close. The CZ75D (PCR) is also very nice, feels good in the hand.
Link Posted: 8/25/2001 6:45:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/25/2001 7:01:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
[b]Please[/b] don't make this a [i]'Just get a (insert, GLOCK, SIG, HK, Beretta, or HS here)[/i] kind of thread.  I know there are CZ forums, but I have a greater interest in those opinions who aren't in the process of evangelizing their brand.
View Quote

I'm a diehard .40 Glock fan (& owner) and just this week I checked out CZ's web page and I picked both of those models also as future interests!!!
Link Posted: 8/25/2001 7:09:26 AM EDT
[#8]
away from the Tanfoglio copies (EAA Witness, etc.) as they are nowhere near the quality or reliability.
View Quote

That's right! The only CZ copies that are better (but also a lot more expansive) are the SPHINX pistols from Switzerland.

My brother loves his CZ75B.
Link Posted: 8/25/2001 8:01:01 AM EDT
[#9]
I've got a 85-b(same as 75-b except it has ambi controls) I really like it, it's been very reliable, accurate, feeding everything I put in it,including my handloads, (125gr lrn)and some 125gr hollowpoints, without so much as a burp, A lot of pistol for not a lot of money, probably one of the best bargins on the market today,I mean, where else can you get a well made,da/sa, semi auto,with a decent trigger, fits your hand well, for about $375.00 new?  
Link Posted: 8/25/2001 8:37:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Need to swap out the grips though.
View Quote

I have a CZ75B, that is 1 year old.  Be careful Hoppe's desolves the factory plastic grips.
The chamber on mine is real tight.  My hand reloads won't fire through my CZ, but will fire in my Baretta, Sig, Glock etc.  I like it a lot.
I don't have a compact so can't comment about that.
Link Posted: 8/25/2001 8:59:37 AM EDT
[#11]
I don't have experience with the compact, but I can say that the CZ75B is awesome.  I am not a big fan of the 9mm, but I really like shooting that pistol.  I have never had a jam, and I have shot everything from ball to crappy handloads through it. As stated previously, get the real thing instead of the Tangfolio.  Hell, for $350.00-$375.00, the CZ is hard to beat.

Zane
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top