Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
3/20/2017 5:03:23 PM
Posted: 8/23/2001 7:52:58 AM EDT
Of the parts that break most often on an AR-15, which ones will be the 'little trouble causers' in which I'll want to keep a few spares on hand? Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 7:57:43 AM EDT
Bushmaster has done the work for you. Go and order their Emergency Parts kit. [url]www.bushmaster.com[/url]
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 7:58:04 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Orion: Of the parts that break most often on an AR-15, which ones will be the 'little trouble causers' in which I'll want to keep a few spares on hand? Thanks!
View Quote
I'd recommend keeping a fully assembled rifle, just in case [:D] Ian
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 7:59:15 AM EDT
i always go overboard on spares, but most needed IMHO, are springs; fire control group, ejector and extractor. i also would keep an ejector and extractor handy as well. aw hell, just keep a spare bolt and FCG springs on hand! [:D]
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 8:26:51 AM EDT
I once had a tiny little spring under the extractor get weak and failed to extract the fired case at the range, replaced it and it it was good as new. I would definitely keep small parts, such as firing pin, extractor, springs for those failures at the range in the pistol grip, even though I have never personally broken any of them. I personally think a lot of the parts will be lost during rather than worn out.
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 9:03:20 AM EDT
Magazines... Lots of spare Magazines... If you want to have other backup parts available, I would suggest DPMS's ultimate repair kit.
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 9:20:10 AM EDT
Be sure and keep an extra of the small parts that get lost sooo easily. The retainer pin (kotter pin) in the bolt assembly comes to mind.
Top Top