Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2001 4:33:57 PM EDT
The highest standard of living in the world.Computers,guns,as much as you want to eat or drink.We really do have it made here in America.For now anyway.
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 4:35:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 4:39:27 PM EDT
[#2]
"For now anyway."

Indeed.  Time is short, are you buying what you need NOW?  If not, why?
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 4:43:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Unless you live in California.

But seriously, America is an amazing place to live, and it's not surpising that so many people want to live here.

That being said, the America we love is going down the drain fast. And very few people seem to notice, or care for that matter.

It's sad to watch the govenment get stronger and stronger, while our freedoms get weaker and weaker.
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 4:52:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Something has to give.I beleive something big will happen in this country within 10 years.I just hope its positive,because if it goes the other way,well...
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 4:55:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Can you say recession?
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 5:00:21 PM EDT
[#6]
The other way would be much worse than a "recession".
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 5:11:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 5:12:05 PM EDT
[#8]
From [i]A Tale of Two Cities[/i] By Chas. Dickens - Chapter 1 - 'The Period'

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way--in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only."

I think we've all seen this before. Welcome to the Brave New World (We've Been Here All Along)!

Eric The(MindIsATerribleThingToWaste)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 6:16:36 PM EDT
[#9]
I also love TALE OF TWO TITTIES, its my favorite movie. Ahhhh, the classics, how they teach us all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top