Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2001 1:24:06 PM EDT
The news just said that the last original episodes of Mr Rogers Neighborhood will show next week.
I've always been more the Sesame Street type, and I believe PBS is an indoctrination tool used by the government to brainwash children in their formative years...
but...
I'll still miss the dude.
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 1:51:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I loved the model rail road in the end of the show, as a child I always wished I could light the town on fire or blow it up somehow. [}:D] I thought Mr. Rogers, got arrested for child molestation, or was that Mr. Wizard the scientist guy? They both looked like pedophiles to me.

----------------------------------------
[b]Florida Shooters Network Forums[/b]
[url]www.floridashootersnetwork.com[/url]
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 1:52:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Mr. Rogers is an HCI card carrying anti.
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 2:09:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's why they allow him to work at PBS.
They also have Psychologists on staff, whose entire objective is figuring out the most effective way to permanently effect the psyche of children via imagry. The government is molding out future leaders with a very finite, non-free agenda, and the childrens shows of PBS that we all watched are the catalyst.

Anyway, I always thought Bob Dog was cool...
And rumor has it, Mr. McFeely is Charlton Hesston undercover.
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 2:13:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Don "Chef" Brockett and his wife can be seen acting as zombies in both Dawn of the Dead and Day of the Dead.
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 2:23:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 8:52:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
And rumor has it, Mr. McFeely is Charlton Hesston undercover.
View Quote

I knew it!  One time Mr Rogers patted Mr McFeely on the back and Mr McFeely said Get you stinking paws off me!  I knew it!
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 9:17:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Can you say, "good riddance"?
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 9:28:44 PM EDT
[#8]
hello boys and girls, would you like to be MY neighbor?
i have many evil looking weapons that i would like to show you, but dont tell your parents or they might call the ATF on me.

so boys and girls this will our LITTLE SECRET[whacko]
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 4:34:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 7:08:07 AM EDT
[#10]
I challenge any of you to document one single, solitary anti-gun statement publicly made by Fred Rogers.  He lives here, in Pittsburgh, and is by all accounts a quiet, decent man.  The "accusations" that he is a child molester are beneath contempt.
This is especially irritating coming from guys who probably enjoy watching shows featuring noted perverts and homosexuals (documented as such)like Bob Crane and Randolph Scott.
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 12:53:16 PM EDT
[#11]
well i do know He is an ordained minister in the United Presbyterian Church.
http://www.snopes2.com/

he was  listed as an antigun celeb in the dillon blue press a few months back

(I will try to find the the issue and post what month it was)
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 1:41:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I challenge any of you to document one single, solitary anti-gun statement publicly made by Fred Rogers.  He lives here, in Pittsburgh, and is by all accounts a quiet, decent man.  The "accusations" that he is a child molester are beneath contempt.
This is especially irritating coming from guys who probably enjoy watching shows featuring noted perverts and homosexuals (documented as such)like Bob Crane and Randolph Scott.
View Quote

I agree.  Fred is all right with me.

[img]wsphotofews.excite.com/027/3r/UZ/Ql/ms80612.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 2:02:52 PM EDT
[#13]

[img]wsphotofews.excite.com/027/3r/UZ/Ql/ms80612.jpg[/img]i remebnr when they had shirts with that on em and PBS sued the company over it
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 3:17:50 PM EDT
[#14]
even as a child he creaped me out. something about him screams "dirty old pervert"
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 1:11:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Can you say "good riddance":

I knew you could.

Jay
Arizona

"Life is hard:
It's harder if you're stupid"
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 1:57:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I challenge any of you to document one single, solitary anti-gun statement publicly made by Fred Rogers.  He lives here, in Pittsburgh, and is by all accounts a quiet, decent man.
View Quote

Golgo, I did not mention any anti gun statements by the asshole. I said he was a card carrying member of HCI. Call Dillion Precision and bitch to them. The last list they published of celebrities who are members had the little prick listed as a contributing member.
And I don't really give a shit where he lives or how quiet he is.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 4:59:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Golgo, I did not mention any anti gun statements by the asshole. I said he was a card carrying member of HCI. Call Dillion Precision and bitch to them. The last list they published of celebrities who are members had the little prick listed as a contributing member.
And I don't really give a shit where he lives or how quiet he is.
View Quote

Whatever Fred Rogers may believe about guns, I still challenge you or anybody else to demonstrate that he used his TV show as a platform to air those views ala Rosie O'Donnell.  Fred Rogers consistently used his show to teach children the kind of values that an awful lot of people on this board claim they want to see inculcated in America's children.  Do you perhaps have something to the contrary that you can put forward, or is calling the man an asshole and a prick all you have to offer?
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 5:24:06 PM EDT
[#18]
PBS uses various techniques to mindwipe children.
Example; a program may not directly say "GUNS ARE BAD" because that is an irrelavant issue to a 3 year olds mind.
What it will do, is teach them that government officials are to be revered, and their wishes abided by (everyone bowing to King Friday on Mr. Rogers is a good example)-
Sesame Street uses a hugely disproportionate amount of minorities in it's programming.
Why?
To facilitate blind acceptance. And while to many this isn't a bad thing, the motives behind it are very, very sinister.

While to an adult mind, this seems innane, and foolis. To the child in his 0-4 formative years, imagery is taken in on a whole different level.
The folks who run PBS know this.
PBS is a government tool, and Mr. Rogers was party to it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 5:26:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 5:37:30 PM EDT
[#20]
McLandon,

I think you are reading more into Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood than is actually there.  The whole "Forest of Make-Believe" theme follows the fairy tale motif with which most children are already familiar.  Fairy tales, which have been around for centuries in every culture, prominently feature talking animals, kings, and all the other familiar "Forest of Make-Believe" stuff.  Now, if PBS has the ability to reach back across centuries and continents as part of present-day attempt to mindwipe the present generation of toddlers, then we are, indeed, screwed.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 5:44:34 PM EDT
[#21]
While the settings used by PBS are familliar (ie Fairy Tales in Mr. Rogers) they are merely catalysts for the agenda.
The agenda is portrayed through something as accepted as a "Fairy Tale", because that is an efficient way to reach the psyche of a child.
Also, keep in mind, Fairy Tales in themselves, in their primary format, are usually used to convey a lesson.
With PBS, the lesson is digitized, and altered to fit the agenda of the government who finances it, all the while with the convienent packaging of a "Fairy Tale"
It's scary shit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top