Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/9/2006 6:08:46 PM EDT
Are blasting caps or other electronicly ignited devices legal to own, or are they regulated by the BATFE? What about igniting Tannerite with one? Would that make it illegal?
Link Posted: 5/9/2006 6:09:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/9/2006 6:11:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/9/2006 6:13:15 PM EDT
[#3]
for the average joe no
if you have some sort of license for a business then yes
Link Posted: 5/9/2006 6:15:14 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Are blasting caps or other electronicly ignited devices legal to own, or are they regulated by the BATFE? What about igniting Tannerite with one? Would that make it illegal?

Check your local laws and state regulations for getting your blasters license, in many states they are fairly easy to get. It gives you the ability to buy explosives, but you can only store them if you have a magazine that meets state and BATFE regs. Almost anybody can get one in most states especially if you are in a rural location and have plenty of beaver dams handy.
Link Posted: 5/9/2006 6:15:26 PM EDT
[#5]
So what kind of license is required? Do I need a manufacturer license or what?
Link Posted: 5/9/2006 6:19:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Your going to have to check with a state office!! Most of it consist of paying fees and taking a written test. In Virginia they use to call it a Blastrers License.
Link Posted: 5/9/2006 6:22:31 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Ok, i gotta ask.   What in the world do you need blasting caps for?  The dynamite you already have?  Taking up mining?
Link Posted: 5/9/2006 6:23:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

It might be in here check.

http://72.14.207.104/search?q=cache:eR0w-NG1t_EJ:insct.syr.edu/Student%2520Papers/Summer%25202005/Legal%2520Controls%2520on%2520Explosive%2520Materials.pdf+Blasters++license+in+Michigan+&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=9
Link Posted: 5/9/2006 6:24:47 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ok, i gotta ask.   What in the world do you need blasting caps for?  The dynamite you already have?  Taking up mining?

Okay, I gotta ask.  What in the world do you need guns for?
Link Posted: 5/9/2006 6:24:52 PM EDT
[#10]
At a minimum you will need a Type 33 User of High Explosives permit, and storage.
Link Posted: 5/9/2006 6:25:20 PM EDT
[#11]

No more "farmer goes to hardware store to buy a few sticks of dynamite and an auger to get rid of stumps the easy way," huh?

Jim
Link Posted: 5/9/2006 6:27:39 PM EDT
[#12]
In  the movie Charley Varrick he just filled out a form
Link Posted: 5/9/2006 6:27:47 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Okay, I gotta ask.  What in the world do you need guns for?

Ok, I gotta ask.  Do  you understand what them little emoticon things are for?
Link Posted: 5/9/2006 6:44:09 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
In  the movie Charley Varrick he just filled out a form

Yeah, and 7.62x39 is for submachineguns.

Usually, if it's from Hollywood it's wrong.
Link Posted: 5/9/2006 6:47:05 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you have to ask, you wouldn't understand.
Link Posted: 5/9/2006 7:41:35 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
No more "farmer goes to hardware store to buy a few sticks of dynamite and an auger to get rid of stumps the easy way," huh?

Jim

Originally Posted By CRC
In the movie Charley Varrick he just filled out a form  

Not after 9/11 and DHS got their shit underway.

Even if your state offers a blaster's license, you now need the ATF ticket to buy, sell, transfer, and use boomies.
Link Posted: 5/9/2006 7:43:29 PM EDT
[#17]
I used to have a M81 Igniter on my key chain. It was confiscated after a health and welfare inspection in the unit I was assigned to while I was getting out.

Link Posted: 5/9/2006 7:50:05 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you have to ask, you wouldn't understand.

i.e. - Fishin and in general blowin shit up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top