Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2001 3:30:26 AM EDT
Damn! My AR gets soooo hot after aboput 200 or 300 rds.

Is this gon-a f#$%up the gun?
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 3:40:03 AM EDT
[#1]
If you think that is hot try a FAL, it gets very hot after 3 mags!

Link Posted: 8/22/2001 3:48:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Ahhh, but the beauty is that it was designed to take some minimum amount of abuse, and 200-300 rounds is mere child's play for an assault rifle, IMHO.[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 3:49:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Sounds about normal to me, especially if you are using a M4 or small diameter barrel.  I have a extra Heavy bullbarrel and it gets hot.

Over a long period of ime it may cause warpage if you get it really hot for long periods of time.  But using semi auto fire only I doubt it ever gets to that point.

Now if you're "bump firing" that's a different story.

sgtar15
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 4:05:09 AM EDT
[#4]
My AK gets real hot after about 60 shots of rapid fire.[}:)]
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 4:12:43 AM EDT
[#5]
I have to replace the sling on my SKS every so often because the leather tab burns out.paulw
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 4:17:58 AM EDT
[#6]
I had my Sar2 smoking (last Saturday) after only 60 rounds.  Not bump fire, but close.  I don't like to bump fire being a lefty...  too much brass near my face. [:P]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top