Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/6/2006 8:23:45 PM EDT
Ahhh, old times...we had this absolute dumbshit in our platoon, Private Hageley, who was always bringing down the shit on our platoon, with the consequent collective punishmant. When we were out in the field on RFTD, his mother sent him a box of cereal (Trix). The drill instructor told him he could have it when we got back to MCRD San Diego, but the dumbass SNUCK INTO THE DI'S TENT THAT NIGHT and took the box, ate half of it, THEN SNUCK BACK IN AND PUT IT BACK!

After that he was known as the "theif"; the DI's would say: "Hey theif! Get out of my platoon and march in that one over there!"...soon the foreign DI from that platoon would notice Hageley and say: "What are you doing in my platoon! Go away little private!"...

I can't remember what the final straw was, but one night the Guide decided to give Hageley a "blanket party"...I did not participate, and the DI's never found out. Hagaley lasted another week then dissappered one day. History.

Well, that was my little story...got any fond Boot Camp rememberances of your own?
Link Posted: 5/6/2006 8:31:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Never any blanket parties, but squabbles were regularly settled in the head. Usually there was blood and bruises.

The DI's knew, but they seemed to look the other way, the only thing we were told was that "What happens in this house, stays in this house."
Link Posted: 5/6/2006 8:32:52 PM EDT
[#2]
lots of talk. but no action.
Link Posted: 5/6/2006 8:34:16 PM EDT
[#3]
No.  But one Mormon kids was rolled out for being mental. He spent the last two weeks or so spit shining everyone elses boots everyone elses boots becuase it was the only thing he was good at and it kept him busy.

Did have one guy butt stroke another with an M16A2 in phase 2.
Link Posted: 5/6/2006 8:38:54 PM EDT
[#4]
My oh my......where to begin, where to begin....maybe with the time I took a box of Product 19 because I was "early chow"......or when I earned my permanent place on the quarter deck with the comment of "BUMMER" to a DI's face......I always thought my 19th birthday "party" was interesting.....then there was the time my brain that was wound too tight snapped, and i whipped Private Bradshaw's ass......( that was actually fun).....ahhhhhh, the memories...I laugh at them now....
Link Posted: 5/6/2006 8:40:53 PM EDT
[#5]
oh yeah, no blanket parties in our platoon......just a few dust-ups.....maybe a fat lip or a lumped head...
Link Posted: 5/6/2006 8:45:00 PM EDT
[#6]
tag
Link Posted: 5/6/2006 8:50:04 PM EDT
[#7]
No blanket parties. The closest we came was doing the guidon carrier. HTF he ever became the guidon carrier is beyond me.
Link Posted: 5/6/2006 9:15:42 PM EDT
[#8]
When we were at Pendleton for Rifle qual, I was part of a work detail repairing rifle target frames. This guy from another platoon started stomping on the piled up wood, and I saw he was trying to kill a small mouse. Enraged, I tackled him and started to hit him, but was dragged off by my buddies. The corporal (not a DI) in charge of us marched us to the head shed and I had to explain what I did to the series commander, Captain Schwankle. He listened, looked at me a few moments, then sent me back to my platoon without comment; I don't know if he told my SDI or not, but the incident was never mentioned.
Link Posted: 5/6/2006 9:21:57 PM EDT
[#9]
My grandfather mentioned seeing one in passing.  He went through Parris Island back in '49.  Told a story about a guy who called his M1 a "gun" and was forced to stand in the sun with his M1 over his head screaming "This is my rifle" until he passed out.
Link Posted: 5/6/2006 11:46:55 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
No blanket parties. The closest we came was doing the guidon carrier. HTF he ever became the guidon carrier is beyond me.

God, Pvt Holley!! Our own motherf***ng Hitler! We all hated that bastard. He thought HE was the DI, the son-of-a-bitch! If anyone in our platoon deserved a blanket party, he did. Unfortunately.............it didn't happen.
Link Posted: 5/6/2006 11:49:39 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

We fucked with our guide constantly, but no blanket parties.  Our guide was a douchebag too.  Lots of bootbanding his rack, soaking his sheets with bulldog, and squirting contraband BenGay into his jock strap
Link Posted: 5/6/2006 11:55:54 PM EDT
[#12]
We had this kid come to our platoon after being re-cycled through 3 other platoons.

I can't remember his name, it was a really long greek name, we just called him snuffalupocous (sp?)

He was raised in a VERY rich family and had no concept of discipline. He called the DI's "dude" and pretty much just did his own thing. The DI's called him the burger king recruit.

One night his insubordination got me a trip to the quarter deck. I got smoked because he farted and the DI thought it was me.

Later that night, I caught him on the shitter and beat the holy fuck out of him. I knocked out 3 of his teeth and shoved his head into the toilet which was full of his own shit. I know the DI's could hear him screaming but they didn't intervene.

The next day he was gone. Never heard from him again.

My fellow recruits thanked me for it.
Link Posted: 5/7/2006 12:16:59 AM EDT
[#13]
No blanket parties. No serious conflicts. We had a few guys flake out and they were either recycled or sent home. One of them created a lot of distraction for a couple of days. He was acting like an asshole and we were all paying for it. I punched him in the mouth one evening during our boots and brass time. We exchanged words and another recruit jumped between us as I swung on him. I caught him a pretty good one anyway and he had a fat lip. Some cunt went to the D.I. house and ratted me out. Our duty D.I. called us both up on the quarterdeck and made some threats but otherwise let it go (they knew he had it coming). The shitbird was gone the next afternoon when he finally snapped and refused to train at all.

Some of the guys thought it was because I hit him and got away with it. The fact is, he just wasn't able to adjust to the system. Regardless, I was a bit of a hero in the platoon for about a week and then thankfully faded back into obscurity.
Link Posted: 5/7/2006 1:45:49 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We fucked with our guide constantly, but no blanket parties.  Our guide was a douchebag too.  Lots of bootbanding his rack, soaking his sheets with bulldog, and squirting contraband BenGay into his jock strap

No blanket parties but since everyone hated the kiss a$$ guide we hooked him up on one of the last days of boot camp. He insisted that every day that he be woke up 15 min early to play wanna be DI and it turned out to be SOP for the duration. Instead of honering his request of being woke up 15 min early to get dressed b4 the rest of the platoon we didnt wake him. Instead he rose with the rest of the platoon only to be hampered by having the cammies sewn shut at the bottom, shaving cream filled into his boot, the boot laces were snipped almost all the way through with fingernail clippers.

Once the DI's came in screaming he rose quite flustered, having a hard time getting his feet through his pants, once done with that chore he rammed his foot into his boot only to have shaving cream forced up all over him ruining nice utilities. Now he has the attention of the DI's. In a rush to tie his bootlaces yanking hard on them he promptly broke them and I do think I seen him start to cry, LOL. Our DI's shocked us by not sending us on last firewatch to the pit that morning since they had fun with that a$$ kissers misery and knew we all hated him.

Years later when I ran into a guy from boot that worked at Pendletons brig and was telling me that this guide was in the brig LOL. Oh well, he would have been a fun one to give a blanket party to but we had to much going on to play that with him, the whole platoon hated him.
Link Posted: 5/7/2006 3:14:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Nope, every platoon has a few that rate it, weather in training or in the FMF. I guess in retrospect I'm glad that none happened, I think I'd feel like a real shit today, older yet no wiser. It doesn't mean there were no conflicts, we had a lot, from just throw downs to oranges-in-a-sock fights. But then, I digress. Actually, I really feel bad for the fat kid in the movie "Full metal Jacket". I'm glad it's not a memory.
Link Posted: 5/7/2006 3:41:46 AM EDT
[#16]
I am far from the oldest Marine here but do remember when Boot camp could be physically challenging if you screwed up bad, the Whiskey locker or the head was the place of action.

Health and comfort one time had a meaning to check and see if you needed to go to sick call the next day, one thing you never done was snitch on a D.I.
Link Posted: 5/7/2006 4:04:35 AM EDT
[#17]

I prevented a blanket party one night.  I just happened to be getting up to go to the latrine, and saw three big black guys in the platoon silently moving towards the bunk of the biggest POS in the platoon.  They were going to whip his ass pretty good, obviously.  Our platoon was incredibly screwed up and had been in a lot of serious trouble for the past three weeks, so this was the last thing we needed.  There would have been no looking the other way on the part of the Drill Sergeants.

Anyway, I hotfooted it over to his bunk and stepped in between them and him, just as he was waking up.  Once I was between them, he pulled off his shirt and started talking a bunch of BS about how he'd whip them all, etc.  

I kept one hand on his chest and talked to the three guys, who all liked me all right, and convinced them it wasn't worth it.  The POS was on his way out anyway.  By this time, the whole platoon was waking up.  The guys calmed down and went back to bed, but some coward ran downstairs to get the Drill Sergeant on CQ duty so he wouldn't be implicated in the whole mess.  About two minutes after we had all laid back down and turned off the lights, the Drill Sergeant comes storming in and smokes us all for even thinking about a blanket party.

A week later the kid was gone.  Apparently he pissed hot at his NG unit's drug test before leaving for Basic, and it finally was catching up to him.

Link Posted: 5/7/2006 5:11:06 AM EDT
[#18]
We took it out in the pit!  A lot can happen when you are flopping on your back, on you belley, on feet to a whisle.
Link Posted: 5/7/2006 5:31:55 AM EDT
[#19]
We had a moron called "Sky King" in our company who got himself tied up with dental floss into his rack and almost choked when he tried to get free.

Oops.
Link Posted: 5/7/2006 5:44:03 AM EDT
[#20]
I only witnessed one blanket party back in '79, but this guy deserved it.  He was a total shitbird.  He later got put in my fireteam and forgot to pack socks & undershirts for a forced march.  Since I was his fireteam leader, I was responsible so I had to pay.  After I was finished with about 50 bends & thrust, the DI ask me what I was going to do about Pvt. Shithead.  I broke his nose and the DI just looked the other way!  That shithead recruit fell out of our platoon a few days later.
Link Posted: 5/7/2006 7:01:34 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
We had this kid come to our platoon after being re-cycled through 3 other platoons.

I can't remember his name, it was a really long greek name, we just called him snuffalupocous (sp?)

He was raised in a VERY rich family and had no concept of discipline. He called the DI's "dude" and pretty much just did his own thing. The DI's called him the burger king recruit.

One night his insubordination got me a trip to the quarter deck. I got smoked because he farted and the DI thought it was me.

Later that night, I caught him on the shitter and beat the holy fuck out of him. I knocked out 3 of his teeth and shoved his head into the toilet which was full of his own shit. I know the DI's could hear him screaming but they didn't intervene.

That is a fucked up story. You did permanent physical injury to a kid? Disfigured him for life? You must be proud of yourself, tough guy. You could have just threatened the kid (because that is what he obviously was), pushed him around a bit and tried to straighten him out. How do you feel about what you did now?

Same for the guy who broke the recruit's nose.

As a kid I had to watch my father hit my mother, and I will simply not tolerate anyone abusing anyone (or animal) else, for any reason. I have no choise in the matter, because it is a visceral reaction on my part. I have launched into people many times my size (including my father) and unleashed hell when they victimised others in my presence, and the fact that I hurt them concerns me not a bit. Physical violence makes me sick to my stomach, but sometimes it must be done; I am just glad I have a moral sense of when it is appropriate. Sure, I attacked a guy because I was trying to save a mouse, but I was doing it defend life, not to enforce the authority of the power structure. I always jump in to defend the weak, and I always will, no matter the circumstances, so today I have no qualms with what I did. I told that to the Captain, and I think that is why he sent me away unpunished.
Link Posted: 5/7/2006 7:10:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/7/2006 7:12:59 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is a fucked up story. You did permanent physical injury to a kid? Disfigured him for life? You must be proud of yourself, tough guy. You could have just threatened the kid (because that is what he obviously was), pushed him around a bit and tried to straighten him out. How do you feel about what you did now?

As a kid I had to watch my father hit my mother, and I will simply not tolerate anyone abusing anyone (or animal) else, for any reason. I have no choise in the matter, because it is a visceral reaction on my part. I have launched into people many times my size (including my father) and unleashed hell when they victimised others in my presence, and the fact that I hurt them concerns me not a bit. Physical violence makes me sick to my stomach, but sometimes it must be done; I am just glad I have a moral sense of when it is appropriate. Sure, I attacked a guy because I was trying to save a mouse, but I was doing it defend life, not to enforce the authority of the power structure. I always jump in to defend the weak, and I always will, no matter the circumstances, so today I have no qualms with what I did. I told that to the Captain, and I think that is why he sent me away unpunished.

Relax francis, there are people in this world who deserve an ass whoopin. That kid was one of them. I'm not a violent guy. I'm usually the one who sticks up for the little guy. But this kid was a complete piece of shit.

but seriously, you fought a guy who was trying to kill a mouse? You were at the premier of broke back mountain were'nt you?
Link Posted: 5/7/2006 7:23:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Sure I'm a sensitive guy. It would not take deep psychoanalysis to figure out why. I demand order in my life, and on a personal level I know just how quickly violence can spiral out of control. Still, sometimes it must be done. I hate pacifist hippes and liberals because by preaching non-violence they are abandoning their responsibilities to thw weak.

I'm just happy the mouse got away.
Link Posted: 5/7/2006 7:29:57 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Sure, I attacked a guy because I was trying to save a mouse, but I was doing it defend life, not to enforce the authority of the power structure.

off topic:

you've lost your mind.
Link Posted: 5/7/2006 7:36:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Hey pal,  you started this thread!  There are some people that shouldn't join the military...end of story.  I would rather give that guy a broken nose, than have him get 10 of my fellow Marines killed in combat for being a dipshit.  Maybe if this guys father would have put the belt to him a little more when he was growing up, he wouldn't have to learn lifes lessons the hard way.  If you knew me, you'd know I'm not a violent person, but like others have stated.......some people just need an ass whoopin'  !!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 5/7/2006 7:36:56 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sure, I attacked a guy because I was trying to save a mouse, but I was doing it defend life, not to enforce the authority of the power structure.

off topic:

you've lost your mind.

I'm okay with that.

What you do to the least of mine you do to me.

By their fruits shall ye know them.
Link Posted: 5/7/2006 7:40:47 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Hey pal,  you started this thread!  There are some people that shouldn't join the military...end of story.  I would rather give that guy a broken nose, than have him get 10 of my fellow Marines killed in combat for being a dipshit.  Maybe if this guys father would have put the belt to him a little more when he was growing up, he wouldn't have to learn lifes lessons the hard way.  If you knew me, you'd know I'm not a violent person, but like others have stated.......some people just need an ass whoopin'  !!!!!!!!

I have heard several "blanket party" stories before now, but these were the first I have heard that featured such vicious outcomes. With normal, sane individuals, things don't get so extreme. Ass whoopin sure...but some people just don't seem to know when to stop.

Off topic but my Guide was a total prick too.
Link Posted: 5/7/2006 7:47:09 AM EDT
[#29]
Withhold not good from them to whom it is due, when it is in the power of thine hand to do it." 3:27

Link Posted: 5/7/2006 7:59:02 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/7/2006 8:19:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Yup. Guy named Arietta. Couple of other real pieces of crap that made me wonder how they were able to graduate boot camp when all they did was cause trouble and go to sickbay.
Link Posted: 5/7/2006 8:28:38 AM EDT
[#32]
There was one recruit that got a blanket party, trust me he deserved it. He was one of two screw-ups in the platoon and since he was in my squad we were well acquainted with the quarterdeck, but the whole platoon paid for many of his mistakes. About a week before graduation, the squadleaders got together and called a blanket party on him. It was our squad so we had to do it. It was a routine blanket party, recruit was secured to the top rack with his blanket by one squad, while each squad gave him a few shots and went back to tier racks so the next squad could have a go. I kind of felt bad for the guy, but it was something that had to be done.

After boot camp I was stationed at Geiger with 3/8 back in the early '80's. The barracks were old Quanson huts. Arguments were usually settled one on one in the head which was just across the walkway. There were some good fights there.

While there were no blanket parties in the fleet, there were a few jerks in our unit that liked to 'lynch' the new Marines. If you were using your sleeping bag they would take a rope and tie off your feet while in the bag, and then throw the rope over a high branch and pull you up. Then they would leave you hanging there for a while.
Link Posted: 5/7/2006 8:29:24 AM EDT
[#33]
Happens in the army too.  

We had a few shitbirds in our platoon.  A couple dropped out on section 8 shortly afterward.
Link Posted: 5/7/2006 8:41:32 AM EDT
[#34]
I will probably get flamed, but beating someone who is held down and helpless seems kind of cowardly. If you have a problem with the guy, fight him fairly.
Link Posted: 5/7/2006 8:51:26 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Happens in the army too.  

We had a few shitbirds in our platoon.  A couple dropped out on section 8 shortly afterward.

I'm sure it's something that every branch has to deal with, sh*tbirds aren't exclusive to the Corps, we just have a really low tolerence for them.
Link Posted: 5/7/2006 8:58:12 AM EDT
[#36]
2nd Phase in Camp Pendelton, Sr. said:

"We have got to start coming together more....don't be surprised if you hear any bumps in the night....We are no longer at MCRD..."

I heard one or two bumps over the next week or so....No one asked.

We took range and drill
Link Posted: 5/7/2006 9:02:11 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I will probably get flamed, but beating someone who is held down and helpless seems kind of cowardly. If you have a problem with the guy, fight him fairly.

+1
Link Posted: 5/7/2006 9:02:35 AM EDT
[#38]
Physical violence is bad but you have to realize the situation these guys are in.  If the dude fucks up in combat then its his team that will pay.  Its better to weed them out early then let something really bad occur later.

Fuck ups usually dont change overnight and sometimes they need a wakeup call.

We have a resident who is a nice enough guy but has no organization skills and has no idea about priority of what is important.  He is rich as hell and I suppose and hasnt had a worry in his life.  

I am in fear  that this dude will kill someone someday.  

So there are fuckups in every job not just the military.
Link Posted: 5/7/2006 9:04:51 AM EDT
[#39]
In the Army:

We had a guy in 2nd platoon that liked to sneak into our end of the barracks late and night and clobber people with a tightly rolled up pillow in a pillow case. One night he broke a recruits' nose, so naturally the broke nose guy wanted payback.

He got two buddies and they snuck into 2nd plt's end of the barracks and the 2 guys held the offender down in his bunk while he went to town with his pillow. Payback wasn't enough though, he wanted vengeance, he had put his boots in the pillow case and beat the living shit out of the guy before his buddies could drag him away.

Marching to graduation the next day with a rolled up guidon kind of sucked.
Link Posted: 5/7/2006 9:05:23 AM EDT
[#40]
I'm in ROTC at a Military college, and while we haven't had any blanket parties that i've seen.  (though i know of a few).  We have made sure that cetain dumbases, don't get a commission.  Just by making sure the PMS knew about certain events and things that they did. There are some people who just souldn't be leading troops.   The ones who got dropped would definetly have gotten soldiers killed.  So i have no problem helping to insure they don't commsiion.
Link Posted: 5/7/2006 9:10:07 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow, you had me nodding my head right up to the mouse part.  You would assault/beat a human over a fucking mouse?  You've got some strange priorities there, chief.
Link Posted: 5/7/2006 9:16:13 AM EDT
[#42]
I was thinking he was stopping the guy from smashing the frames that he just repaired, not so much about saving the mouse.

A question though, all these guys that 'disappear' a week or so later, how do they leave? Are they kicked out of the .mil or what?
Link Posted: 5/7/2006 9:16:25 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

+1

This is one of the reasons I haven't served.
Link Posted: 5/7/2006 9:18:12 AM EDT
[#44]
Yes.
There was this Jackass, who seemed to lack platoon loyalty.

Link Posted: 5/7/2006 9:32:26 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
I was thinking he was stopping the guy from smashing the frames that he just repaired, not so much about saving the mouse.

+1

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

This is one of the reasons I haven't served.

You havn't served because some shitbird is on the receiving end of a blanket party?
Your excuse-fu is weak.
Link Posted: 5/7/2006 9:37:16 AM EDT
[#46]
Wait until he finds out about the yelling and the war.
He'll never join up, then.

(sissy)
Link Posted: 5/7/2006 9:58:56 AM EDT
[#47]
Yes.
Link Posted: 5/7/2006 10:17:19 AM EDT
[#48]
<---Not a Marine...AF

Yes, but not in the traditional sense.  More of a roll the fuckstick out of his bed and kick his ass, then tell him to get his shit together.
Link Posted: 5/7/2006 10:23:48 AM EDT
[#49]
Ive contributed to two "blanket parties" both involving footlocker locks and socks. One was in Boot where they guy was aloways lagging behind in drill, could never polich his brass and his clothes/bunk looked like shit. Boot was tough for me and I was threatended with it but I got my shit straight.
The other was in Radio Ops school at 29 Palms. Guy just didnt want to help anyone else out and would be the first to narc. He got it good and got transffered out of our squad.
Bruises and broken bones are a part of combat. Better get used to it.

Link Posted: 5/7/2006 11:51:09 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Wait until he finds out about the yelling and the war.
He'll never join up, then.

(sissy)

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top