Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
3/20/2017 5:03:23 PM
Posted: 8/21/2001 6:56:57 PM EDT
I own a KIMBER and would like to try a Springfield, but I need a little convincing to purchase something other than another KIMBER. I would like something in a compact carry type.
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 7:04:04 PM EDT
I love my .45 Kimber.
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 7:07:46 PM EDT
COLT MARK 1V
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 7:17:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/21/2001 7:13:28 PM EDT by LotBoy]
Ever consider the Sig P220.
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 7:18:25 PM EDT
I'd go with the Kimber. They're usually more accurate out of the box than Springfield, have EXCELLENT customer service, and have a kick-a*s custom shop. Plus, you just can't beat their wide-body models. [:D]
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 7:25:00 PM EDT
I love my Springfield full size fully loaded with matte finish and novak's sights. shoots great and has never given me any problems. -bricklayer
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 7:43:37 PM EDT
Never Compromise !!!! HK usp .45[img]www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/thumb.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 7:55:32 PM EDT
I'm surprised there's so many negative replies... I got my "Loaded" full-size Springfield about 2 months ago... Bought it used but in new condition...I don't think it was even fired by the previous owner... ...I paid $475.00 for it. It came in the original plastic box with all the papers, gun lock, and 2 mags... It was the best money I ever spent...(Used my tax refund $$$) I've put about 300 rounds through it so far, and it's never choked once... It's eaten every variety of ammo I've tried in it, without even a hiccup... Remington Golden Sabre's, Federal Personal Defense, UMC's, Junk American ammo, MagTech +P's, etc... I've even tried to get it to short stroke by holding the gun very loose while firing...Still no problems... Don't even ask me about the Llamma and the Charles Daly I once owned... [rolleyes][puke]
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 8:27:25 PM EDT
Not that I don't think the Kimber custom carry is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet but......$$$$$$$ I also own a Springfield full size govt. in the loaded version. It is very accurate and utterly reliable thus far. Getting Novak sights, coco-bolo grips, front slide serrations and all the other custom goodies and touches for the $ is a real good deal if you ask me. A Kimber will grace my safe one day though.
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 8:56:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/21/2001 8:52:55 PM EDT by PROTEUS_X3]
I love my Kimber and Springfields are very good but my next .45acp is going to be a SIG 220ST [:D] [img]http://www.gunnery.net/sig/220ST-1.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 9:10:35 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 9:21:45 PM EDT
Originally Posted By SPECTRE: Never Compromise !!!! HK usp .45[img]www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/thumb.gif[/img]
View Quote
Like he said Never Compromise Get the KIMBER
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 9:24:41 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Paul: Heard bad things third hand about Kimber's QA suffering with their sucess in the last year so I got a Springfield mil-spec model. I went bare bones stock as I wanted to cut my teeth on the pistol and do my own gunsmithing on it.
View Quote
I have sent numerous Sigs back because of problems OUT OF THE BOX.
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 9:37:34 PM EDT
OMG, I love my Kimber. I don't like the feel of the Springfield, frame is too sharp around the grips. Would love to get one an Eclipse. Handled one at the shop. Sweet.
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 11:12:03 PM EDT
If the vote is just those two, I'll go with the Springfield. I was in a gun store a few months back, and a guy brought in his Kimber to trade. He bought it a few weeks earlier and was one unhappy camper. The trigger was sloppy, the sights were jacked, and the finish was crusty. I would not expect it in a gun a few hundred rounds thru it. He wanted to trade it for a beautiful Springfield sitting on the case. We convinced him to send it back to Kimber, and they would make it right.
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 12:19:12 AM EDT
Originally Posted By mejames: If the vote is just those two, I'll go with the Springfield. I was in a gun store a few months back, and a guy brought in his Kimber to trade. He bought it a few weeks earlier and was one unhappy camper. The trigger was sloppy, the sights were jacked, and the finish was crusty. I would not expect it in a gun a few hundred rounds thru it. He wanted to trade it for a beautiful Springfield sitting on the case. We convinced him to send it back to Kimber, and they would make it right.
View Quote
Wouldnt be the first time i have heard of that alot of kitchen table gunsmiths out there. BEWARE!
Top Top