Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/21/2001 6:30:24 PM EDT
Hey,
I was just looking at the Hesse web site, and under their AK page they have say that they sell a post-ban version of the AK bullpup. I know Hesse's reputation, but I really want one and can't affors a pre-ban so I'm thinking about it. Has anyone seen one of these, do they actualy make them or are they like SW's SL8-1 G-36 conversion, existing on the internet alone.

[rail]
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 7:26:36 PM EDT
[#1]
btt
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 7:31:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Given Hesse's rep, you may wind up spending money on a worthless gun.
If the object you buy dosn't accomplish the job it's intended to, the money saved is negated by the fact that you lost everything you spent.

I wouldn't care if Hesse was selling semi-auto .50 BMG's for $2000- I wouldn't buy one.
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 9:13:56 PM EDT
[#3]
It may be crap, but its hard to mess up an AK

i am curious about the peep sight upper receiver on their Model 47 super. i might try to order one of these for my AK's. they probably wont sell it seperatly if the rifle comes from Russia.

does anybody know where else i could find a peep sight upper receiver for a Kalishnikov?

peeping lib
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 5:02:30 AM EDT
[#4]
As to "It may be crap, but its hard to mess up an AK", check the various boards and see how un-psyched people are with the K-Var bullpup kit.  

Link Posted: 8/22/2001 7:17:07 AM EDT
[#5]
the only drawback to k-var's b-pup is the crappy trigger, which is easily fixed by anyone with a mechanical bent.

hesse's quality has improved. i built a krinkov akms-74u up on a $59 hesse receiver and was highly impressed with the quality and dimensional correctness.

sure, they used to weld the front trunnions in, instead of riveting them in. no big deal, it's just an ak.

of late, they have been on a program to up their quality and expand their product lineup.

armed sci., bring your question over to the ak side of the board. we can discuss it in more detail over there and you can get a wider base of opinions from ak owners.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top