Site Notices
7/23/2014 4:06:00 PM
Author
Posted: 8/20/2001 5:03:00 PM
Saw this over on the special weapons web site: Importation of High caps mags Banned!!!! Posted July 25, 2001 by Todd It is true we have less then a month and the legal importation of high cap mags made before 1994 will be over. This will be the last time you will see High cap mags at these prices, so stock up. Special Weapons has less then 100 curved high cap mags left in stock and once they are gone that will be it forever. Don't settle for the cheap 40 round mags that do not work, get factory HK tooled mags from Special weapons. Is this accurate? When and how did it take place? Or is that a-hole who runs that company just lying so he can sell more mags at inflated prices?
raf
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/20/2001 5:06:22 PM
Todd, LYING??!! I'm Shocked...SHOCKED!!
"The M1 Rifle is the greatest battle implement ever devised." General George S. Patton Jr.,US Army
schnacke
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/20/2001 5:10:18 PM
raf, don't be so cynical. I'm sure it's not just a scare tactic to drum up sales. I mean, I've seen this story everywh..., er somepl.., er, only in this post.
brouhaha
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/20/2001 5:14:04 PM
Actually, as much as I dislike Todd, I've heard this elsewhere. People start the topic, and then others invariably chime in about how they've seen it on SW's website. A few people even posted BATF references it seems like.
"B" of B&T Ammolabs

've ≠ of
than ≠ then
trickshot
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/20/2001 5:18:40 PM
I don't believe anything on the Internet unless I've seen it 5 times and can verify it on some legitimate site like GOA's or NRA ILA. As far as I know, there is no such ban going into effect. Please correct me if I am wrong though (so I can immediately go out and buy a few more mags for some of my weapons).
Garand_Shooter
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/20/2001 5:20:45 PM
Have no fear... Bush is in office, he would never let that happen. Wait... he promised to do it! silly me[rolleyes]
The Old Grouch's Military surplus
www.oldgrouch.com
Gunrunner
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/20/2001 6:10:08 PM
[Last Edit: 8/20/2001 6:05:49 PM by Gunrunner]
Neal Knox does not have ANYTHING on his Alert page about this. If it was real it would be posted there. Gunrunner
stubbs
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/20/2001 6:16:48 PM
[Last Edit: 8/20/2001 6:13:11 PM by stubbs]
Originally Posted By Garand_Shooter: Have no fear... Bush is in office, he would never let that happen. Wait... he promised to do it! silly me[rolleyes]
Hey!, don't you say sarcastic things like.....wait...your right.[}:(]
SeaDweller
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/20/2001 6:39:14 PM
Originally Posted By trickshot: Or is that a-hole who runs that company just lying so he can sell more mags at inflated prices?
Given the facts at hand, that a-hole who runs that company is just lying so he can sell more mags at inflated prices.
RipMeyer
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/20/2001 11:13:27 PM
Chief Thunder would know for sure. someone ask him.
oneshot1kill
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/20/2001 11:52:29 PM
I hope it's BS. You can't take Todd serious, I would have to see it from a very reliable source before I react and buy any mags.
The Strong Take From The Weak....The Smart Take From The Strong
TheRifleman
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/21/2001 1:13:05 AM
It's BS...precisely because Chief Thunder has not said a word about it. This guy is THE importer for AK mags. And I mean by the shipload.
trickshot
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/21/2001 1:20:55 AM
Excellent.
Nathaniel_Hawkins
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/21/2001 1:28:42 AM
Do remember that Todd claimed that he was placing a bid to buyout the "troubled" Heckler & Koch because SW weapons were superior to theirs.
cc48510
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/21/2001 1:29:53 AM
I started stocking up a while back, assuming that it would happen sooner or later. I even have Mags. for guns I want to get when I get the money. Stock up on Hi-Cap Mags., AP Ammo., et. that have been banned. By the way, 10-to-1 he is lying. I've been to the gunshop since July 25 and it sure as hell would have been mentioned if it were true. Unlike AP ammo. and Pre-Ban ARs, Pre-Ban Mags. are everywhere, so there may be an eventual push to ban them altogether. P.S. Bush will not sign such a ban. His vow was to enforce current bans and raise the age to 21, not create more bans.
mattja
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/21/2001 1:41:07 AM
HR 1922 would ban pre-ban mags. Take a look at this old topic for more information. [url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=29740[/url]
"Okay, but I'm not good at details, or the big picture. I also show up late, and drunk. I've got a good feeling about this."
- Homer Simpson
Muselix
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/21/2001 10:45:53 PM
George W promised to ban the importation of high-capacity ammunition clips. Or didn't you read his campaign flyers? http://www.georgebush.com/issues/guns.html Oh, yea, he also supports safety locks on handguns and a ban on juvenile posession of 'assault weapons', whatever they are.
LARRYG
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/21/2001 11:21:22 PM
Originally Posted By Muselix: George W promised to ban the importation of high-capacity ammunition clips. Or didn't you read his campaign flyers? http://www.georgebush.com/issues/guns.html Oh, yea, he also supports safety locks on handguns and a ban on juvenile posession of 'assault weapons', whatever they are.
You, and apparently many others, would rather have Gore? With all the bitching about W, that is the way it seems.
If it's a Colt, it's a copy of an original ArmaLite.

I am not LARRYG36.

Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting.

If your AR10 is marked Geneseo, IL, it's still an AR10 no matter what some people say.
scottsw1
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/22/2001 2:53:05 AM
Toad had a bunch of mags for sale and now that the price of H&K mags has dropped he is stuck, so he is starting rumors to drive the price back up. I think he was asking in the mid 20's and AIM is selling real H&K mags for $9.99 and Century is selling Cetme mags that will fit an H&k for $7.97.