Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:40:28 AM EDT
[#1]
http://www.google.com/search?client=opera&rls=en&q=border+patrol+stand+down&sourceid=opera&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

nothing on google or google news.....

last stories about this are may /june .05
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:44:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Gee, how 'bout that.

Much ado about nothing.

...as I stand by, waiting to be called a "sheep" for NOT believing every silly, paranoid rumor that gets floated.
I'm still waiting for the UN invasion that was evidenced by truck parks and secret sign markings.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:47:30 AM EDT
[#3]
tag
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:47:34 AM EDT
[#4]
tag
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:48:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Wether or not the story is true, is irrevalent in the long run.  The simple fact is that our nations borders are not secure, and that at the least our goverment is ignoring the problem, and at the worst the acknowledge the problem but are actively working to prevent a solution in order to fufill some political agenda.

The only solution to this problem is to lock off our borders i.e. ethier a wall or place a few divsions on the border.  After that, we systematically round up all illegal, black white or hispanic, and deport there ass back to there country of record.  If we don't know where they came from, we drop them off on the beaches of france.   If we do not do this we send the message that it is ok to break the laws of this land, and you will be rewarded for it.

Anyone found to be aiding or abetting the illegals will be arrested and imprisioned, and used to clean up the mess left behind.  

After that we just man the border keep out illegals, and defend our vital interests abroad.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:48:28 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Gee, how 'bout that.

Much ado about nothing.

...as I stand by, waiting to be called a "sheep" for NOT believing every silly, paranoid rumor that gets floated.
I'm still waiting for the UN invasion that was evidenced by truck parks and secret sign markings.

I'm still waiting too.  It irritates me, but I'm not spouting off outside here without some documentation of this.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:50:05 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Wether or not the story is true, is irrevalent in the long run...

This is never true.
Being lied to is the issue.
It is NOT "irrevalent".
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:50:32 AM EDT
[#8]
tag for evidence, if any emerges
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:53:25 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
That's it....keep adding logs to the fire near the powder kegs....then the dumb fuckers in Washington have the nerve to be surprised when there is an explosion.

You insenstive prick! They just want jobs and to better themselves. Why the hell...oh fuck it. I can't even joke about it without getting pissed off!

RANT ON!
You are so right! Can I just tell you how fucking angry I got as a result that fucking Kennedy bung hole addressing a group of fucking illegal assholes in my country with a fucking translator?!!!
End Rant

ThirtyCal....Out!

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:53:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Well, it's true that the BP is ordered not to make arrests once they actually get to the cities.  They can stand on every corner in Maricopa Co. and be safe.  Or that the .gov does shit like not give them radios that work way out on the border.  Or that they'll call a rancher who doesn't want illegals on their property racist.  Or that they'll let them destory the desert.  Or a hundred other things.

Or that our "representatives" aren't going to do a thing about it.  Dems want the votes and the Reps won't piss off the businsess'.  As PJ O'Rourke said, it really is a Parliment of Whores.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:56:31 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I'll take a crack at it.
It's obvious.

The story is untrue.
Ta da!

I just spoke with a friend in DHS (up there).
The story is false.

Which brings us to the obvious question, which amazes me that it hasn't been asked...

Why did someone make this up? (not suggesting the original poster did this)
Look at all the "shy is falling!" panic that this rumor has sparked.

On DU, they do this stuff all the time (Bush MIHOP!), but for them it's really masturbatory.
Over here, I'd expect better.
Sheep allow themselves to be herded.
Allowing yourself to be so riled by a false rumor is no different.

Oh good. Glad to hear it. Well that's that, then. So we are in fact actually rounding them up in large numbers, prosecuting them for their crimes, forcing them to serve time for same and then deporting them as we should be?

Yes?

Good. I'll sleep well knowing that then. Because that's exactly what should be happening, and if it isn't then there is a problem, regardless of wether or not the original post is a rumor or not.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:56:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Here's a thought:

Any city that declares itself a 'santuary' city- LOSES ALL FEDERAL FUNDING!!
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:06:25 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Off to load mags...  (hey, it calms me down..)

Now there is a line waiting for an inappropriate situation.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:08:08 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll take a crack at it.
It's obvious.

The story is untrue.
Ta da!

The story is false.

Which brings us to the obvious question, which amazes me that it hasn't been asked...

On DU, they do this stuff all the time (Bush MIHOP!), but for them it's really masturbatory.

Oh good. Glad to hear it. Well that's that, then. So we are in fact actually rounding them up in large numbers, prosecuting them for their crimes, forcing them to serve time for same and then deporting them as we should be?

What does that have to do with whether or not "they have been ordered to stand down"?

Yes?

Good. I'll sleep well knowing that then. Because that's exactly what should be happening, and if it isn't then there is a problem, regardless of wether or not the original post is a rumor or not.

Boy, do some folks love to be manipulated.

Whether or not this rumor is predicated on a lie, is definitely at issue.
Who knows the motivations behind such a lie?

I never understand the attitude of those, like yourself, who don't mind being lied to.
Like leftists who acknowledge that much of Farenheit 911 is a lie and say, "it doesn't matter, it brings up an interesting point, and it makes Bush look bad..."

Herded like sheep.

Remember 2000?
Back then, if you were skeptical about the paranoid rumors of the "Imminent UN Invasion" (in the wake of the Y2K chaos, no doubt)...
...you were accused of supporting the "UN gungrabbers" -whoever the hell they are.

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:23:26 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll take a crack at it.
It's obvious.

The story is untrue.
Ta da!

The story is false.

What does that have to do with whether or not "they have been ordered to stand down"?

Yes?

Boy, do some folks love to be manipulated.

Whether or not this rumor is predicated on a lie, is definitely at issue.
Who knows the motivations behind such a lie?

I never understand the attitude of those, like yourself, who don't mind being lied to.
Like leftists who acknowledge that much of Farenheit 911 is a lie and say, "it doesn't matter, it brings up an interesting point, and it makes Bush look bad..."

Herded like sheep.

Remember 2000?
Back then, if you were skeptical about the paranoid rumors of the "Imminent UN Invasion" (in the wake of the Y2K chaos, no doubt)...
...you were accused of supporting the "UN gungrabbers" -whoever the hell they are.

This is why I waited.

I do recognize the chance that they were fed disinformation though. Hopefully not lying outright.

As for Bush, he has hurt himself and the nation plenty with no help from anyone other than a Republican led congress.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:33:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:41:17 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I think that they are worried that the Border Patrol will come up with proof that the mex army and leos are crossing the border and helping the drug runners and the people smuglers.

Unfortunately it is all tied together into the corruption of the Mexican government.  Drug smugglers and people smugglers have much better security than the people that are trying to stop them.  Often they are one and the same just getting payoffs to turn their head and maybe protect their familias.  

The War on Drugs and the War on Terror seem to be the same in too many ways.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:55:18 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Does it even make a difference if they catch them anyways?  Few are prosecuted.  Its a catch and release program.  They just quit fishing now.

Yeah, as in the biblical days there's no room at the inn (detention facilities).

I got this letter to the editor published today in the Orange County Register (300,000 circulation)

With everything that's happening regarding immigration reform it's become painfully obvious there's one job Americans won't do.  They (the Congress) absolutely refuse to observe their Constitutional duty to protect the country and secure the borders.  It is really a pathetic thing to watch the petty egos in Washington "fiddle, while Rome burns".  It is too bad we can't have a national referendum on this fairly fundamental issue.  We can differ on the realities of how to deal with all the illegals that are presently here but if we're guilty of inaction on security we're either being stupid or giving up.  Which is it Congress?

nightstalker
AR15.com
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:01:21 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is never true.
It is NOT irrevalent.

How could you both not notice each other spelling irrelevant wrong?  
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:05:26 AM EDT
[#20]
tagged for later
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:12:57 AM EDT
[#21]
I guarantee you that right now in Mexico , the rumors of "amnesty" , and "naturalization" are spreading like wild fire , and there will be a influx of illegal  boarder jumpers that will be so huge that it will be impossible to stop EVEN WITH NATIONAL GUARD on the scene
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:14:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Looks like a Democrapic controlled congress come Jan 20, 2007, I'll be buying hi cap mags for the rest of the year
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:18:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Big fat tag.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:24:25 AM EDT
[#24]
I can confirm that these reports are true:  Link.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:36:26 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I can confirm that these reports are true:  Link.

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:45:22 AM EDT
[#26]

The Secretary disavows any knowledge of this order.

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:53:36 AM EDT
[#27]
we cant embarass our friends the mexican government
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:59:57 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

The Secretary disavows any knowledge of this order.

scroll down until you see migradog's reply
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 10:00:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Hmm................time for me to run on the 3rd party ticket..............
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 11:16:30 AM EDT
[#30]
So the 'story' is bullshit. Nice.

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 11:24:46 AM EDT
[#31]
As far as getting this story confirmed I have not got a reply from E-mail I sent the Minutemen but I am not really surprised. They are swamped right now processing apps. and in the field on the border. I have emailed the radio station where I heard this report. I have requested a audio archive of the show plus a transcript.When I get either I will post it. I reported exactly WHAT I had heard from the radio program. I named the source and the person who broke the news. As far as everybody at Dept. Of Homeland Security knowing of a order such as this that is laughable to say the least. The EXACT same orders were given the border patrol when the Minutemen deployed to border last year. I would not bet against this story being true. Suit yourself whether you believe it or not.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 11:25:21 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Use the NRA-ILA contact line and EMAIL all in Washington.
The one they get the most mail or email from will win!
If you do nothing that is what you will get!

lately is doesn't seem to matter how much effort is put into the illegals issues. the administration and congress pretty much have their minds made up to make the border open for business.

you got that right.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 12:02:47 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Suit yourself whether you believe it or not.

Provide proof, and people can believe your story. Otherwise, don't complain when the calls of 'BS!' start coming in.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 12:11:48 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Provide proof, and people can believe your story. Otherwise, don't complain when the calls of 'BS!' start coming in.

Quoted:

Quoted:

BTW where the fuck is Homeland Secuity??????????????????

They're on the line ready to kick ass and take names.
It's the jack-off's running Homeland Security that have their collective heads up their collective butts.

They have put forth rules that make it a huge problem to apprehend illegals.
Say you catch Pedro sneaking though with an altered ID.
Wanna pat him down? Nope, you need a supervisor's permission.
Wanna cuff him, Nope, you need a supervisor's permission.
Wanna put him in the cell. Nope, need a port director's permission and you have to call his family to let them know what's going on, if he's there more than 2 hours. He will also have to be fed and checked on every 15 minutes.
Can a smuggler's car be seized? Usually not.
Do alien smugglers go to jail? Nope, in 10 years I only saw one arrested.
What happens if an alien attack's an officer. Nothing.

Do our Border Officer's have training in detecting Aliens, Drugs and WMDs? Nope
What training have the officers recieved in the last three years?
Muslum sensitiviy training
Minority sensitiviy training
Professionalism Training ( Be nice and say welcome to the tourists)
30 pages of possible duty offenses and punishments.

I could go on, but it's already been a bad day.
I've believe in 20 years the Mexican border will be a little north of San Francisco.
More schools will teach English as a 2nd language than will teach it as a 1st.
We live in a time where people living illegally in our country can make demands of it and be called patriots. But the Minutemen who chose to guard or borders are racists.

God bless us, cause the government ain't gonna help.

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 12:13:21 PM EDT
[#35]
http://www.theamazingracist.net/subpage1.html

Figured I'd lighten the mood a little.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 12:13:26 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It wasn't bullshit last year.

What makes this year any different?

Border Patrol told to stand down in Arizona (from 2005)
U.S. Border Patrol agents have been ordered not to arrest illegal aliens along the section of the Arizona border where protesters patrolled last month because an increase in apprehensions there would prove the effectiveness of Minuteman volunteers, The Washington Times has learned.

More than a dozen agents, all of whom asked not to be identified for fear of retribution, said orders relayed by Border Patrol supervisors at the Naco, Ariz., station made it clear that arrests were "not to go up" along the 23-mile section of border that the volunteers monitored to protest illegal immigration.

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 12:15:21 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
What

The

FUCK!?

Double WHAT THE FUCK!

I'm really starting to wonder if I live in the United States of America, or more specifically, what this place was supposed to be. Too bad we can't bring Thomas Jefferson back from the dead
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 12:24:52 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is never true.
It is NOT irrevalent.

How could you both not notice each other spelling irrelevant wrong?  

I was staring at his when I typed>
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 12:24:58 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

BTW where the fuck is Homeland Secuity??????????????????

They're on the line ready to kick ass and take names.
It's the jack-off's running Homeland Security that have their collective heads up their collective butts.

They have put forth rules that make it a huge problem to apprehend illegals.
Say you catch Pedro sneaking though with an altered ID.
Wanna pat him down? Nope, you need a supervisor's permission.
Wanna cuff him, Nope, you need a supervisor's permission.
Wanna put him in the cell. Nope, need a port director's permission and you have to call his family to let them know what's going on, if he's there more than 2 hours. He will also have to be fed and checked on every 15 minutes.
Can a smuggler's car be seized? Usually not.
Do alien smugglers go to jail? Nope, in 10 years I only saw one arrested.
What happens if an alien attack's an officer. Nothing.

Do our Border Officer's have training in detecting Aliens, Drugs and WMDs? Nope
What training have the officers recieved in the last three years?
Muslum sensitiviy training
Minority sensitiviy training
Professionalism Training ( Be nice and say welcome to the tourists)
30 pages of possible duty offenses and punishments.

I could go on, but it's already been a bad day.
I've believe in 20 years the Mexican border will be a little north of San Francisco.
More schools will teach English as a 2nd language than will teach it as a 1st.
We live in a time where people living illegally in our country can make demands of it and be called patriots. But the Minutemen who chose to guard or borders are racists.

God bless us, cause the government ain't gonna help.

Move along, nothing to see here folks. No proof whatsoever exists. You can all go back to sleep now.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 12:27:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Just don't burn their flag!  www.azstarnet.com/allheadlines/124317.php
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 12:37:49 PM EDT
[#41]
There is a world of difference between " Border Patrol Told to Stand Down by Homeland Security", and miradog's appropriate rant about the guys in suits making their job difficult.
Guess what?
Every cop, firefighter, soldier and Marine has the same complaints about their highers, too.

And no one disputes that the "control" and "security" along our borders is NOT being accomplished in an effective or competent manner.

But to suggest the The US Border Patrol, an agency of the Department of Homeland Security has been told to "STAND DOWN"....

....that's a horse of a different color.

Cynthia McKinney believed that it was okay to lie and claim that she was the victim of racism and profiling, because she thought it was an issue that deserves more attention.
Let's not be like her.
Let's hold integrity and truth as a virtue, not somehting to be tossed aside, because it furthers a cause.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 12:54:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 1:02:09 PM EDT
[#43]
tag
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 1:20:05 PM EDT
[#44]
The thread title even sounds like an oxymoron...........
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 1:27:05 PM EDT
[#45]
If they were ordered to stand down, how did this happen?:

www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/newsroom/press_releases/archives/2004_press_releases/04222004/04132004.xml

The Border Patrol press releases have many stories of the Border Patrol apparently NOT "standing down".
They could be fakes, though.
Part of the evil conspiracy.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 1:34:20 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Just heard here from the Director of Public Relations for the Minutemen project. He has been called by five contacts INSIDE the Border Patrol. They all tell him that Homeland Security has told them to stand down on arrresting illegals crossing the borders. www.kdwn.com/

That has been going on for YEARS in the AZ sectors.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 1:35:24 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/newsroom/press_releases/archives/2004_press_releases/04222004/04132004.xml

The Border Patrol press releases have many stories of the Border Patrol apparently NOT "standing down".

Northern border and the perp was not an Illegal lien coming in but a citizen trying to flee
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 1:37:32 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Easy

These suspects weren't Mexicans attempting to infiltrate the country at an unauthorized crossing point on the southern border, they were Americans attempting to pass through the northern border into Canada.

I'm not saying that the Border Patrol was or wasn't ordered to stop arresting illegals on the southern border, just that this story doesn't prove it one way or the other.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 1:47:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 1:51:08 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Because it involved a "weapons cache"?
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top