...and now I am at home to change my panties...[;)]...ch

ps...going back to try and meet the guy with the Mini Gun...heh heh heh
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 4:24:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
...and now I am at home to change my panties...[;)]...ch

ps...going back to try and meet the guy with the Mini Gun...heh heh heh
View Quote

Better take a crate of Depends for that experience.  A member of our local club at one time owned [b][i]two[/b][/i]minis.  Had'em on a deuce tripod bolted to the floor of a trailer.  I stood behind him when he let two 200 round belts go; my video camera went black and white, and swear to God, my heart actually stopped beating from the intensity of the sound.  You don't actually hear it; its more of a to-the-soul sensation. Here's to General Electric[beer]
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 8:21:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I remember when I was in the Army and went to a .50 range. They was giving us each a 100 round can to fire off, but lots of people there did not want to shoot and did not shoot since it was just a familiarization range with no qualification requirement. So the rest of us dedicated soldiers had to shoulder that additional burden and go back for seconds.

I guess it takes all kinds.

(BTW, I was a small arms repairman, but in a support unit that included electronics geeks and pencil-pushers and medics. I suppose that partially explains this freak occurrence.)
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 8:37:46 PM EDT
[#3]
This at the Dry Creek MG Shoot?
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 9:13:48 PM EDT
[#4]
You're very lucky.  I wouldn't let anybody but close friends and family shoot my M2.  At $1.50 per round for aging corrosive surplus it gets a bit on the expensive side to shoot.

A 1917 is an awe-inspiring weapon.  Although it is not as fast as the minigun it shoots a [b]lot[/b] longer.  My wife and I tried to replicate the Browning test and fired the gun for 42 minutes and 26 seconds (he actually fired it for something like 2 hours).  It ate up surplus .30-06 that I had picked up when I retired (using a 5-ton truck) and had never got around to shooting (because it was WW2 vint. corrosive stuff).  We fired almost 26,000 rounds.  Several times during the firing string one of us had to use a shovel to get the casings away from the ejection port.

Happy Happy, Joy Joy!

I'm sure you probably want one of 'em now don't you?
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 1:29:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 7:10:55 PM EDT
[#6]
know if only someone would come up with a 22lr conversion for a minigun then id buy one take out a loan or something
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 7:15:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey bratty, GFY!!!!![-!-!-]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top