Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2001 8:17:06 AM EDT
OK, enough with the pizzas, already! What's the best 'Mexican' dish you've ever had? And I'm not talking Salma Hayek (besides which you've never had her), either! I'm talking Tex-Mex, New-Mex, real Southwestern [i]comida[/i]!

My 'last meal' would HAVE to consist of the [i]Camarones de la Casa[/i] on the menu at [b]Luna del Noche[/b] on Jupiter Rd., in Garland!

You get six jumbo shrimp, stuffed with cheese and pecan pieces, wrapped with a slice of bacon and grilled to perfection! Along with rice and salad with alvacado slices! $17.95.

Or the [i]Filete a la Parilla[/i] at [b]La Calle Doce[/b] on Twelfth Street in Oak Cliff!
Grilled filet of catfish with grilled veggies and rice, along with a cup of fish soup! $12.95.

Don't forget the margaritas! Frozen margaritas were invented in Dallas in 1973! by a guy using an Icee machine he borrowed from 7-11.

Best margaritas in D/FW? I don't know yet, I'm still sampling![:D]

Don't worry, we'll get to Salma Hayek on a 'sexiest scene from a Tarantino movie' thread, later.

Eric The(...Burrp...)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 8:18:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Rosa

Man was she good ;P
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 8:19:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Her name was Maria, I met her in a little bar in Ensenada........
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 8:32:35 AM EDT
[#3]
[i]Mi amigos, [u]comida[/u], no [u]cola[/u]![/i]
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 9:01:01 AM EDT
[#4]
enrique el hun A donde vives. I live right by Whiterock. Tu necesitas a ir a las lugares mejor y comer la comida real.
GG
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 9:08:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Burrito Supreme at Taco Bell.
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 9:34:01 AM EDT
[#6]
There is a restaurant right across the border from Laredo that has the best cabrito, I don't know the name, I just recognize it from the cabrito cooking on spits over the hot coals.  I have spent a lot of time in Mexico and I'll try damn near anything within reason. (no menudo)
I eat Tex-Mex, but prefer the real deal.  Pappasito's has to have some of the best grub in the Houston area.
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 9:34:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Mata's in AZ. woe that was some hot stuff!
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 9:53:20 AM EDT
[#8]
An Alberto's carne asada burrito
with three rolled tacos
and a big greasy quesadilla.

I also miss the hot dogs in Tijuana.

Around here there is
no real Mexican food.
It's all fancy pants Americanized
freezer plan fare.
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 10:36:27 AM EDT
[#9]
I was going to say my wife, but I see that several have already beat me to that witty rejoinder.

In that case, my mother-in-law's chicken mole. There's supposed to be an accent mark over the E in mole, but I dont' know how to do that. Mmmmmmmmm... mole is this really rich sauce made with cocoa, over roasted chicken and rice. I ate three plates full, then went back for just the sauce mopped up with homemade tortillas. Served with ice cold Pacifico beer.

Jarhead out.
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 10:41:14 AM EDT
[#10]
[b] Anything at Burrito Brothers, in Gainesville, FL. Home of the fightin Gators[/b]
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 11:15:43 AM EDT
[#11]
There's this little mom and pop restaurant in Castro Valley that makes Chile Relleno burritos,
YUM![:P]
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 11:36:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 11:59:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Her name was Anna HEHEHEE
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 12:12:55 PM EDT
[#14]
"Camerones y mojo de ajo" or something like that, served at a restaurant in Houston that starts with a "P" - they specialize in Mexican seafood. Web search food in Houston and you will find it. It was jumbo Gulf shrimp, split on the shell like lobsters, and practically smothered in garlic, then sauteed in even more garlic. Amazing, really. So good I ate the shells! I consider myself a well-traveled, adventurous eater and semi-pro chef, and this was the best Mexican dish I have ever had. Try it if you are ever in Houston, garlic lovers! [beer]

OK, here it is, Houston shrimp lovers! Voted best mariscos (seafood) in 2000 by Houston Press readers! Get it at Picos Mex-Mex on Bellaire! Link! [url]http://www.houstonpress.com/issues/2000-09-21/bestdish23.html[/url]

Edited so y'all can get some! Joe
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 12:24:11 PM EDT
[#15]
tacos when i was in mexico

could have been dog for all i knew but man was it some good tacos
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 12:28:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 12:35:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Wahoo's or Rubio's Fish tacos.
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 12:45:52 PM EDT
[#18]
GardenWeasel,you talking bout Alberto's in san Diego?!If so,you got good taste my friend.Any fast food place in San Diego that ends with "Berto's" in sure to have killer carne asada.
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 1:44:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Post from GunGuru -
Tu necesitas a ir a las lugares mejor y comer la comida real.
View Quote

I live in Plano, but I'll go [u]anywhere[/u] within reason for a good meal!

¿Dónde deberán comer los mejores lugares?

Eric The(SuAmigo)Hun[>]:)]

Link Posted: 8/18/2001 1:50:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Anything off of the menu at Chelino's in Oklahoma City or Lira's in Lingle, Wyoming.
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 2:42:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 4:46:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Anything at Taqueria Morelia(closed) in Oakland,CA or The enchilada verde at Ortiez in Oakland,CA. Also any Torta at any Roach Coach in San Francisco or Oakland.

Alex[):)]
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 6:51:47 PM EDT
[#23]
My dad's home made Pazole,makes it every Xmas and all the kids fight over how much they're taking home for left overs.Not bad for a Russian kid that grew up in East Los Angeles.One of my old work buddies even claimed it was better than his mom's or grandmother's.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top