User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 11:40:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anybody hear of anyone being molested in the Scouts by gays?
View Quote

It is actually a huge problem.  I am surprised you are unaware of it, as I see it fairly often in the local media (the national media ignores the problem of course).  The BSA has instituted a host of measures in order to reduce the likelihood of such abuse.
View Quote

I think one thing we can all agree on is that child molesters should be drawn and quartered in public and on pay-per-view with all proceeds going to the victim.

Prison is too nice for them....
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 11:43:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am always and forever amused by the use of the word "Cracker" as a putdown for whites...

The origin of the word?  During slavery days, the taskmaster in charge of the working group of slaves in the field carried a whip to "encourage" good work performance.  Hence the name "cracker" as in whip cracker.
View Quote

Cracker refers to Florida cowboys who used
whips to help herd cattle. They would crack
the whip and the noise would encourage the cattle to move. These crackers were Indians,
Blacks, and Whites.
View Quote

Really?

You had slave owners in your family tree?

I did...
View Quote

Here is a reference:
Editorial Reviews
The publisher, University Press of Florida ([email protected]) , June 15, 1999
A map to the Cracker state of mind--
The crack of the old-time cow hunter's whip gave the native Floridian a nickname, but Al Burt's Tropic of Cracker is a state of mind shared by those who love "what remains of the Florida that needed no blueprint or balance sheet for its creation, that was here before there was a can opener or a commercial or a real-estate agent." In his years of roving the state as a Miami Herald columnist, Al Burt mapped Florida's Tropic of Cracker, not with lines of latitude and longitude but with stories. The Crackers Burt tells of are men and women from Apalachicola to the Everglades, from Tallahassee to the Keys. They lived in the late 1800s, and they live today--along the Ocklawaha and in the floodplains of Lake Okeechobee. They were cow hunters, Conchs, and alligator men. They grew oranges, sugarcane, and muscadine grapes. They made moonshine. They drove mules, ate fried mullet, and told yarns in a Cracker creole about Florida's panthers, snakes, alligators, and hurricanes. There are luminaries among them--Zora Neale Hurston, Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings, Virgil Hawkins, John DeGrove, Harry Crews--but mostly they are just regular folk who mark the borders of the elusive and magical Tropic of Cracker. For anyone who loves the old Florida and still has hope for the new one, Tropic of Cracker is the state's truest road map and Al Burt its most eloquent cartographer
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 12:19:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Mr Hangfire:

Your rep precedes you, so I will not engage in a pointless further debate on this subject.

Since you have already called me an idiot once before, I have no interest in adding credence to your label.

Thanks!

P389
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 1:28:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
3. They are teaching little children in
public schools gay sexual techniques like fisting. I wonder why?

View Quote

Dude you're one fucked up guy, I mean I don't hate gay people, but you seem to have a passionate dislike for them.  And I have never heard schools teaching any sexual techniques.  And besides anyone who can fit a fist into any hole in their body can do something special.
View Quote

DUDE, you better back off with your attitude.
You are close to stepping on a VERBAL
BOUNCING BETTY.
The State of Massachusetts used homosexual
activists to teach a TOLERANCE course.
Fisting was covered as well as other
techniques. It has been reported in
the national media. I am not the one that
is "FUCKED UP" as you claim.
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 3:04:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 3:25:53 PM EDT
[#6]
You might say it's [i]PETERED[/i] out!
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 7:12:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Only thing I hate more than idiots are Bigots.
View Quote

Aw, hell.  I remember you...  You were going off on the Boy Scouts on the OLD board because of the whole gay issue.

They're a PRIVATE organization.  The Supreme Court found that they can deny admission to anyone that they want.  Bingo- end of story.

No sodomites allowed near young boys and pre-teens.

If you don't like it, then ignore the Scouts and don't send them contributions.  Don't contribute to the "Scouting for Food" drive to feed the homeless and hungry.  

Parents have the right to choose the individuals with whom their children will associate.  If they want their boys to associate with homosexuals at a camp-out, meeting, etc. they can do that...  Just not in the Boy Scouts of America.

Don't like what's on the radio?  Change the channel.  TV is full of filth?  Turn it off.  Boy Scouts' policy is "discriminatory and offensive?"  Don't do anything with the Scouts.

Mike
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 7:15:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If you have that much time and energy to worry about someone else's sexual preference, you really need to find a hobby.
View Quote

If they supervise my children on a week-long camping trip out in the woods, I've got every damn right to know.

Mike
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 7:23:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I think the Boy Scouts should definitely accept gays!!  Besides new Merit Badges, they could do wonders with that old, drab uniform:

[img]http://www.mindspring.com/~kmeans/gayscouts.jpg[/img]

There, isn't that better?  [:P]
View Quote

Didn't you play in that Mel Brooks movie "......in Tights.?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top