Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/17/2001 7:58:40 AM EDT
I was taking pics of my guns and serial numbers so I could burn them to CD and keep them offsite in case of an insurance claim and just had to get a group photo.  Enjoy.

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/darwindog%2Fgg%2Ejpg[/img]

Link Posted: 8/17/2001 8:14:38 AM EDT
[#1]
You call that a gun collection?? [:(]

GunLvr
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 8:27:06 AM EDT
[#2]
[b]WoW[/b][:P]

Link Posted: 8/17/2001 9:50:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Niiiiiice.

And, what exactly were those serial #'s???

[NI]
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 10:19:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Hey! I used to have one of those Mossberg Bullpups!

It was totally worthless as a weapon, but it was a great conversation starter at the range! [;)]
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 10:24:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

It was totally worthless as a weapon, but it was a great conversation starter at the range! [;)]
View Quote

DUDE! Wait wait wait.
I have one compound word for you:
[b]Doorbuster[/b]
C6
You could call that a tool rather than a weapon though. [:)]
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 10:27:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

DUDE! Wait wait wait.
I have one compound word for you:
[b]Doorbuster[/b]
C6
You could call that a tool rather than a weapon though. [:)]
View Quote

Well, I never weighed mine, but it felt like it weighed at least 10 lbs. I guess it would work as well as a sledgehammer for busting open a door. [;)]
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 10:33:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Actually, if you take off the front pistol grip, it becomes a much more natural pointer. Unfortunately, it still has a lousy grip safety, a clunky pump action, and weighs a ton.

I don't miss it much, I bought it NIB for $189.99 and sold it a few years (and 500 or so rounds) later for $550.00!
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 10:33:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Oops! [:I]
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 11:05:54 AM EDT
[#9]
That Mossy weighs at least 10lbs.  It's just one of those things I had to add to the collection though.  Anyone have any ideas what the tabs in front of the forward pistol grip are for?  It seems like there's no need for them.  Maybe to rest on a door knob?  
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 11:16:15 AM EDT
[#10]
It was originally designed with no front pistol grip (and no sights). The "tabs" are part of the stiffeners reinforcing the structure that prevents the hand from sliding in front of the muzzle while pumping the action, if you had no front pistol grip.
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 3:24:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 3:40:35 PM EDT
[#12]
First of all... you need some handguns. Glocks , sigs , 1911's . Second thing is that I can tell you own sporting arms because I could see some wood. Closest thing to wood at my house is an AK stock or 10-22 laminated stock. Black metal and fiberglass is where it is at. My question is what would your girlfriend or next door neighbor say if they walked in on that display???  Bye the way I want to get a safe just like yours.
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 3:58:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
You call that a gun collection?? [:(]

GunLvr
View Quote

Come on dude - that was not cool.

Tyler
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 3:58:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Is that a Stevens pump just ahead of the double barrel? I have a 620A that looks just like it....
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 4:17:11 PM EDT
[#15]
hey, what no ak?????????????????????
at least a sks
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 6:37:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Quantico, there's a Ithaca 1911 in there.  It was my grandfathers in WWII (next to the 92FS).  A Glock and Walther are next on my handgun list then maybe another 1911 I could trick out.  Next rifles will be an AK and an HK.

Gus, that is a Stevens Pump.  Given to me by my other Grandfather in his will (along with a few others you see there).

As for all the wood, I grew up hunting with my Dad, brothers, and grandfathers.  I inherited all the sporting guns about 3 years ago when my parents moved to NJ.  I hadn't touched a firearm in years except the shotgun on a cruise ship.  All were in desperate need of cleaning.  Well, the smell of gun cleaner and running the actions of the guns brought back all my interests.  Soon afterward I found AR15.com and now, well, the picture tells the tale.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top