Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 3:58:09 PM EDT
[#1]
...picky. I'll fix it.
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 4:15:43 PM EDT
[#2]
huge no-no. first, illegal to have a gun on school grounds in most states. even if it wasn't, of if you were in a state that allowed it with school permision and you got that permission it would still be a bad idea. Dorm rooms are very far from secure, even when you don't have a roommate.
My advice, get an off campus apartment. At least where I live, an apartment for 12 months is cheaper than the dorms for 30 weeks
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 4:29:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Just cooperate and graduate. Get a good job so that you will have the time and money to fight the good fight.  

on the other hand as confusious say " no crime is commited if none is detected"  

trouble is, word gets around.  sooner or later someone would rat you out.   Good luck
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 5:00:29 PM EDT
[#4]
It depends on the college's policy.  When I went to college, it was a no-no on campus.
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 5:25:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I, too, am a "collage" kid like yourself.  Guns in dorms here is a big No-No, an offense which will most likely get you expelled...and this is in Alabama!

I am lucky enough to live off-campus about 1/2 mile from the school.  There was actually a rule last year which said "no firearms" in my apartment complex.  I have since learned that, unless they are [b]State Owned[/b], they have absolutely no right to enforce this rule.  For the past 1/2 year, we have been under new owners/management, so I am going to go down today, review the lease (looking for that rule), and ask them if they are state or franchised (most likely) owned.  There are many College Parks across the South-East, thus the franchise, and I do believe they will not win this battle.

View Quote

Hey Jew, I think I know why you can't have guns are your place.  The College Park in IL, is considered Private Certified Housing, and falls under Official University of Illinois housing, and since anything that is Officially part of the U of I is considered state property.  
View Quote

Actually, I checked today, and this College Park is owned by some corporation in Pennsylvania - got them by their balls now.  And our apt. complex actually got some heat from the university over having the "AU" (Auburn U.) logo on the bottom of the swimming pool, and they had to remove it.  That proved they had no affiliation with the University.  I will check the lease Monday and see if there is indeed a firearms rule, and if so, will probe the manager for details about the ownership of the complex.
View Quote

Well at U of I College Park (Aka Illini Towers) is very official and not only can they prohibit firearms, but they can not allow it either (Nor can they allow BB guns, air or spring operated guns, paintball guns, and just about anything you can bludgeon someone with).

Check fer any restrictions on things that firearms fall into as well.  Anything mentioning weapons or explosives.  BTW our college park has mandated RAs so in IL if they don't have FOIDS then keeping yer gun at easy access to a non elligible person is illegal too.  But you live in a non commie state...
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top