Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2001 12:26:07 PM EDT
Howdy,tommorow morning I'm going to take the ASVAB.All my subjects are great,except for math,but I heard the whole test overall is super easy from a ARMY friend of mine.Just curious if you guys had any pointers,or comments on this test.Thanks:)
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 12:30:31 PM EDT
[#1]
The test is very simple, just brush up on your basic skills. Especially math. It took me a little over 3 hours to take it. If possible take the test over the computer. I was the last one in my group to finish and a the ones who finish first did the worst. Balance your time.
all the sections will be timed, so don't spend alot of time on one question. BTW, I scored an 88 without really trying. GOOD LUCK!
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 12:36:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks,
I was also wondering how they grade you,and when you would recieve your scores.
I heard they give you a general grade,for example,if you scored well on everything else,but did poor in say,math,they would pass you.I hope so,because I am depending on my other skills to save me from my bad math mojo.
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 12:44:09 PM EDT
[#3]
The math is middle school algebra and some basic arithmetic. You receive your scores the same day before you leave if i'm correct. I took my test at the MEPS(Military Entrance Processing Station) and got my physical and test done all at once. The score is divided in to section. There was an mechanical, electrical, admin, and some others i probably forgot. I did pretty much evenly across the board. They should give you a print out with your raw score and divided up into the subgroups that was you will know if you qualify for the job you want. Good Luck!
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 2:00:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Just like Reconxl said, they divide the results into several scores.  When I took the ASVAB for the Marines, I was the first one done and I scored 98 out of 99 possible.  As I recall, the Marine Corps looks at the overall score for enlistment eligibility, then other scores for MOS eligibility.  For example, I think I needed to have a GT (General Technical, I think) score over 110 to be an MP.  Then again, this was about 6 years ago, but I'm sure it's still pretty much the same.
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 2:44:44 PM EDT
[#5]
The test is pretty much common sense. Like, you have three connected sprockets,if you turn this sprocket one way, which direction will the others turn. I believe that part of the test pertains to your spatial ability. All of the academic tests pretty much relate to your middle school or freshman year classes. They came to my high school to administer the test and were very strict about it,i.e. we could not talk, we had to take our baseball caps off, we had to remove any long sleeved flannels or jackets and roll up our sleeves and if we went to the bathroom, we could not resume the test and had to retake it at a later date. Also there were several different tests so you could not cheat off of your neighbor. Each section had a different time limit as well. I believe that the marine corps accepted you if you scored a(something like)50-55 and the rest of the services took you if you scored I think a 60 or sixty-five. I seem to remember them saying that the Air Force was the most difficult to get into. This is all to the best of my memory as I took this test several years ago.

Alex
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top