BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 9:10:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/27/2001 10:12:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Just my opinon, but I love Marlins, my daughter likes Winchesters, but she is a little jerk anyway :) I have a 336 my grandfather bought new in 1950 in 30-30, slick action, real slick. I also have an 1895 in 45-70, newer and not as slick but hits real hard. A .22 M39 for tree rats. I do have a Rossi M92 in .44 mag but, hey its a nice carbine too.
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 8:08:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Roy
 Buy my Marlin 336 RC. It's made in 1953 so it doesn't have the horrible "warning" on the barrel or the unholy safety on it. It also has the old style non-hooded front sight.
 It isn't Microgroove so you can shoot cast bullets out of it without jumping through hoops. It's accurate too.
 It's about 85%. The only thing about it is the buttplate is cracked but is still hanging in there. It has blue wear on sharp edges but nothing bad. Nice even wear.
 I'll ship it to your favorite FFL for 185. I'm going out of town Fri around 3PM if your interested let me know.
 This is a solid gun that needs a home with one of the faithful.

Dave
View Quote

While I'll thank you for the offer, I'll pass. I have never been one to purchase a gun without handling it first. I am sure it is a good deal though.

Thanks, R.D. Mercer
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 8:49:51 AM EDT
[#4]
I have never been one to purchase a gun without handling it first.
View Quote

That's why you ask for an inspection period. If the gun's not to your liking, pack it up and send it back for a refund. No big deal. If you're inclined to buy one of those Marlins, Rustygun has made a pretty good case for you to buy his.
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 9:12:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have never been one to purchase a gun without handling it first.
View Quote

That's why you ask for an inspection period. If the gun's not to your liking, pack it up and send it back for a refund. No big deal. If you're inclined to buy one of those Marlins, Rustygun has made a pretty good case for you to buy his.
View Quote

OK, maybe it's just me...but, would you buy a used rifle from a guy named "[i]RUSTY[/i] gun"?

[;)]

Edited to add smiley

Link Posted: 8/28/2001 9:49:40 AM EDT
[#6]
OK, maybe it's just me...but, would you buy a used rifle from a guy named "[i]RUSTY[/i] gun"?
View Quote

If he were agreeable to a "no questions asked" inspection period, yes. I've bought lots of things via Gun List, Auction Arms, Gunbroker, etc. There've been a few times that things have turned out crappy and they've been boxed up and sent back for a refund. No problem. The firearms community is fairly small and bad deals get around fast so that the offender is usually blackballed.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top