Warning

 

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Log In

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Posted: 8/16/2001 1:12:12 AM EDT
Oh yes, to escape the winter blues, my missus and I are off to the Whitsundays for a week! Try www.whitsundays.com, and click on to Brampton Island. Remember Yanks, our dollar is only worth .51US cents! It would be worth the trip for you. Check the site out. What do you think? There will be lots of shagg'n and swill'n on the beach! But no shooting. I'll be doing that on my return to Sydney.
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 1:28:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/16/2001 1:24:29 AM EDT by CQB30]
CAN YOU STILL SHOOT IN AUSTRAILIA ? WHAT IS THE REAL GUN CONTROL SCOOP OVER THERE. CAN YOU EVEN OWN AN AR15?
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 3:14:53 AM EDT
You can own any type of a handgun with regs not as tight as Canada, but longarms, well this is where the govt fucked us. All SA and pump shotguns are banned. You can shoot as much as you want, but must have a licence, and belong to a club, and have a place to go to shoot, such as a friends property, or a farmer who wants his feral populations shot. Aside from not owning the guns I described, its not too bad and could be worse, but the laws still suck, and it has not stopped crime. Infact its on the increase. IPSC and mil shoots with longarms are still popular. But if you think all the SAs were turned in, just a small amount were, and an example is of all the 10s of thousands of SKS's impoerted only 15% were turned in. That leaves 85% of em in our hands. The govt made good press of this with a one sided media hell bent on disarming all of us, using our emotions to shame ourselves to turn our guns in, after the Port Arthur killings, when a bloke shot 35 with an AR15 and SKS. The govt was waiting for such an event to put forward their laws which were just there on the side predone, and waiting for action. Keep your 2nd ammendment! Never ever let what happened to us happen to you! The gun grabbers are there just waiting for the right chance.
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 5:24:58 AM EDT
Thanks for reminding us, 1feral1. I hope that you have a great vacation, er, holiday, mate. Bud
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 5:40:50 AM EDT
Beautiful place and Expensive! Cheapest room is Palm Garden View 1-2 People 2 People $545 per night. That would be about 270 US a night. Too rich for me.
Top Top