Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2001 9:41:32 PM EDT
Probably a stupid question, but I have a pre-ban Bushmaster w/ A2 stock, and would like to change over to a telescoping stock.  I see some called CAR buttstocks and some called M4 Buttstocks.  Are they the same thing?? All I have ever owned is A2 so I have no clue about collapsable buttstocks.  Also, whats the pros and cons of Fiberrite vs. Aluminum? Plastic?

WHAT I DO WANT is one of the new style ones w/ the re-angled buttstock.  I also need to be able to mount the Telestock cheekpiece by Cherokee.  I know that the cheekpiece does not fit "new" type fibrerite stocks, nor does it fit aluminum ones.  I would also like to use a rubber buttpad.  Am I asking for too much?  Does cherokee make a new telestock cheekpiece for the "new" style fibrerite stocks w/ the re-angled shoulderplate?  Thanks in advance for any help..   [email protected]

SUGGESTIONS PLEASE!!  Im clueless so your 2 cents does count!
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 9:58:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I've handled both, and I like the one with the ribbed sides better because it doesn't rattle, and to me the buttplate being angled a little, is more comfortable. As far as I know, there is no cheekpiece for it, though. It does seem to be fairly strong, but won't be anywhere near as strong as the non-telescoping stocks, either A1 or A2.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top