Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2001 7:48:09 PM EDT
I have a preban 16" CAR and a 20" preban kit. I just ordered a new postban lower half.  I do not intend to build an illegal rifle, but how wise would it be for me to keep all of this in the same location?
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 7:58:40 PM EDT
[#1]
must be kept 50' apart
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 8:17:08 PM EDT
[#2]
are you serious?
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 8:21:07 PM EDT
[#3]
lol
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 8:25:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I am sorry I lied; after checking ATF handbook (how come you can't read yours?) The required separation is only 25' - sorry for the scare.
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 8:36:41 PM EDT
[#5]
stop being ass wipes. just give me a serious answer.
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 8:41:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Far as I know, as long as you don't mix pre- and post- you're cool. But then again, would everyday LEOs know?
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 8:46:28 PM EDT
[#7]
I am just worried that if anyone ever raids my house (like by mistake), they might think a postban complete lower and a preban 20" upper in the gun room will look like intent to assemble an AW.  Am I just paranoid or should I keep it in another house?
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 8:47:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 9:28:35 PM EDT
[#9]
delete-delete-delete
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 9:48:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I am just worried that if anyone ever raids my house (like by mistake), they might think a postban complete lower and a preban 20" upper in the gun room will look like intent to assemble an AW.  Am I just paranoid or should I keep it in another house?
View Quote

Hell if you reload and get raided, they ALWAYS call out the bomb squad for media purposes and then slap on a "possession of bomb making materials" charge. Oh yes and don't forget that the standard "he had enough explosives and ammunition to blow up an entire city block" sound byte.

Just having those guns would be enough for a "possession of an unregistered machinegun" after the ATF lab gets done making your AR's double by using .223 with small pistol primers.
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 10:26:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Just the fact that you own a post ban AR receiver and have ever even seen a pre-ban gun is intent to manuf. an illegal configuration.

You must sell all your guns to me at half price now
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top