Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/14/2001 6:43:09 PM EDT
I'm looking to get a set of electronic ear muffs ala Peltor. These will be used at the range, obviously, but also while duck hunting. A 10ga firing beside your head doesn't help the ol' ears. If it gets any worse I'll be calling Belltone instead of Peltor.

Anyway, who has the best prices on these? So far $129 for the overhead-strap model is the best I've seen. I'd prefer the behind-the-neck model, but can live with either.

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 6:51:32 PM EDT
[#1]
dude, if you're talking about the tac 7, you've probably got the price right now.
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 6:56:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Let me know which model(s) you are interested in.  I like Pro Ears with radio inputs for communication while hunting.
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 6:58:16 PM EDT
[#3]
10-4, if you/ve found a peltor "behind the neck" for $129 then I'm in.  Where can i find a pair?

Ar
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 7:28:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 9:50:27 AM EDT
[#5]

I too am interested in electronic hearing protectors.  I'm torn between Peltor and Pro-Ears; which is better?  I'm especially interested in amplified hearing protection for home security.  If you ever take a shot at a dude in your hallway all you're ever gonna hear for the next week is "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE".  This loss of your hearing is gonna seriously affect your combat readiness; as loss of any of one's senses would.  I'd also like it to not screw up my cheek weld when I use my AR.  Any opinions?

Link Posted: 8/15/2001 12:58:31 PM EDT
[#6]
We stock Peltors here in Finland, today we sold 3 pairs and 4 pairs were reserved for the customers.

The Tactical model here is a little more expencive, has thicker cups. But only has a adjusting button on one side and can´t be carried as easily as the Soundtrap model.

The Soundtrap is the basic model with the technology put into them. Adjustments on both sides for the microphones and slimmer, so cheekweld is easier to get quickly and more easier to carry. You can plug your hunting radio inside the cups with a cable and adapters are available for all brands.

Both models offer advantages compared to normal cups, can use them during hunting since you hear better with them than with your own ears.

And damage to ears happen at ranges when people lift cups an yell "WHAT" to the guy who just spoke, with electronic you just keep em on all the time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top