Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2001 10:17:28 AM EDT
I received an e-mail today with no subject and the address was unknown, so I deleted it, or at least I tried to. I keep getting the message "The message ID string "5H" is badly formed." It will not delete the mail. I can't get rid of it. I tried dragging it to the recycle bin but that did not work. HELP!
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 7:52:15 PM EDT
BTT
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 8:09:22 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 8:14:37 PM EDT
I am not computer savy. What is a POP3 client? Pleas help the stupid guy! [BD]
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 8:25:07 PM EDT
I have seen something like this before with my own e-mail(a few years ago). My guess is that a message was sent to your e-mail address and somehow it got scrambled or cut short before or while arriving at your e-mail host's server. Programs like Outlook Express and Netscape Mail try to download the e-mail, an error occurs because the e-mail is messed up and usually you don't get them e-mail. It just stays on the server until it's manualy deleted. Sounds like yours actually got through and now your e-mail program is confused. I know this doesn't help in solving your problem. I really don't know exactly how to fix it. Sorry. USPC40 ------------------------------------------------- [b][blue]NRA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.nra.org[/url] [b][blue]GOA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.gunowners.org[/url] [b][blue]SAF Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.saf.org[/url] [b][blue]SAS Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.sas-aim.org[/url] [img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 8:28:17 PM EDT
That is OK USPC40. At least I know what is wrong now. I am trying to contact my internet provider becuase that is who the e-mail account is from, but I have had no luck.
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 8:28:40 PM EDT
Originally Posted By M15A2: I am not computer savy. What is a POP3 client? Pleas help the stupid guy! [BD]
View Quote
POP3 client = your e-mail program. Like Outlook, Outlook Express, Netscape Mail, Eudora and Pegasus Mail. Let me guess, you use Outlook Express?? USPC40 ------------------------------------------------- [b][blue]NRA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.nra.org[/url] [b][blue]GOA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.gunowners.org[/url] [b][blue]SAF Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.saf.org[/url] [b][blue]SAS Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.sas-aim.org[/url] [img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 8:30:50 PM EDT
Originally Posted By USPC40: Let me guess, you use Outlook Express??
View Quote
I do.
Top Top