Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/14/2001 7:31:48 AM EDT
I don't know if anyone's interested, but if you go to www.gunbroker.com and do a search for "ar15" and scroll down a hair, you'll find a guy selling new in wrapper 65 round Colt clips! These things are awesome. Imagine how hot your barrel would be if you squeezed off all 65 rounds as fast as you could without stopping. Current bids are in the $50 range and there are several to bid on. I would bid on one myself, but i'm going to Atlantic City Friday for a couple days of gambling and I don't think my girlfriend would see the humor in it. If anyone buys one, PLEASE e-mail me and let me know how it works.
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 7:38:19 AM EDT
[#1]
i doubt that Colt ever made a 65 round magazine, but i have heard of Thermold expandable 45-65 (??) mags. it might be one of those. i wonder if they work?
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 7:40:24 AM EDT
[#2]
These are STEEL clips new in wrapper clearly marked. They look similar to an AK-47 magazine.
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 7:41:47 AM EDT
[#3]
the whole thing sounds a bit shady
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 7:42:02 AM EDT
[#4]
scratch that...here's the link:
[url]www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=1804806[/url]

they look like USA or Western mags, pretty cool looking, though!
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 7:42:11 AM EDT
[#5]
The thermold expandable ones went to 45rds. I think these are just USA's.
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 7:48:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Really, I have enough trouble pushing ten rounds off of my clips. [;)]

Link Posted: 8/14/2001 7:51:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Perhaps I'm not as knowledgeable as some of you, but I CAN read and if you would just go to www.gunbroker.com, you would see that they are N.I.W, CLEARLY marked as Colt made clips. They ARE NOT Thermolds!!! They are not U.S.A.!!!! Just because you have never heard of it, doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 7:51:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Clips...Clips...Clips  Arrrgggg  [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 7:53:42 AM EDT
[#9]
"as fast as you could without stopping."

Without Stopping... Yes, there be the rub...

Link Posted: 8/14/2001 7:55:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Wonder if those could double as a one legged bipod.  Unipod?

Or use a jungleclip and get twice the length.  rofl.

Link Posted: 8/14/2001 8:02:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Perhaps I'm not as knowledgeable as some of you, but I CAN read and if you would just go to www.gunbroker.com, you would see that they are N.I.W, CLEARLY marked as Colt made clips. They ARE NOT Thermolds!!! They are not U.S.A.!!!! Just because you have never heard of it, doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.
View Quote

dude! nobody is persecuting you here! we are all curious, and unless YOU are the seller, it is he that we are questioning - Colt DID NOT make these mags, i don't think they have made a blue steel mag for 38 years, and they were 20 rounders. its just history and knowledge that tells us that, we don't believe the seller, HE put the word Colt on it, that's all.
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 8:09:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Perhaps you're right Fatty. Maybe that's why he doesn't show the bottoms. I dedided that I would say screw it and put a bid of $5 on one that hadn't been bidded on yet. In four days I'l let you know if I'm the proud owner of one or not, then I can settle this for myself. Maybe I'll e-mail him and see if he has a bottom picture available.
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 8:09:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've gone and I've looked. They are CLEARLY not Colt manufacture and they are CLEARLY deceptively advertised. Notice that the seller never says they were made by Colt. Notice that the bag does not have a Colt logo anywhere near it. No one has ever heard of Colt 65's because they don't exist.

Buyer beware.
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 8:11:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

We are all just busting your chops.  Don't take the criticism too seriously.  However; learn from it.  Clips hold ten rounds of .223 (or any other round) to load an AR [b]Magazine[/b].  Of course there are some exceptions such as the M1 Garand that feeds directly from an eight round clip.  

Link Posted: 8/14/2001 8:17:35 AM EDT
[#15]
No offense taken. I was just trying to pass along what I thought was a grreat deal. I HAVE e-mailed the seller for a picture of the bottoms- we'll see what he says.
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 8:41:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 9:19:50 AM EDT
[#17]
It doesn't really matter WHAT the baseplate says, since that is easily changed.
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 9:39:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
[b][u]Clips[/b][/u] are used to load [red]magazines[/red]. Clips also what girls use to hold back their hair.[:D]
View Quote

Or to hold multiple pieces of paper together!!

[smoke]
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 10:48:32 AM EDT
[#19]
I cant believe people are paying $50 plus for those P.O.S. They are not Colt, but made for the "Colt M-16". Thats how hes getting away with calling them Colt. Pretty smart S.O.B. wish I would have thought of it. I hate to see people who dont know any better get ripped off.
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 11:33:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Really, I have enough trouble pushing ten rounds off of my clips. [;)]

View Quote

And after you slide the rounds off into two 30 round MAGAZINES! You have 5 left over.
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 11:50:16 AM EDT
[#21]
I would place a bet on who the seller is...

the guy on gunbroker.com calls them Clips too.

Link Posted: 8/14/2001 1:53:04 PM EDT
[#22]
I need one of these "clips" for my "assault type" "pocket rocket", G.
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 1:57:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
scratch that...here's the link:
[url]www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=1804806[/url]

they look like USA or Western mags, pretty cool looking, though!
View Quote

I didn't see any CLIPS, but I did see some pictures of MAGAZINES.
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 2:03:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I cant believe people are paying $50 plus for those P.O.S. They are not Colt, but made for the "Colt M-16". Thats how hes getting away with calling them Colt. Pretty smart S.O.B. wish I would have thought of it. I hate to see people who dont know any better get ripped off.
View Quote
had the same thing happen when i bought some "colt 1911" magazine worst POS mags i ever used had one dissaembal on me when i was shooting it "boom Thud as ammo and spring,baseplate hits ground" WTF
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top