Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2001 2:56:56 PM EDT
The latest suicide bomber really blew it when he lifted up his shirt to show a waitress his bomb belt prior to detonating it!

The story is found at worldnetdaily.com, and the link is:
[url]http://worldnetdaily.com/frame/direct.asp?SITE=www.jpost.com/Editions/2001/08/13/News/News.32454.html[/url]

The gist of the story:
Close to 5:30 p.m., an Arab suicide bomber walked into the quiet establishment in the northern suburb of Haifa. He lifted his shirt to show the waitress his bomb belt and asked: "Do you know what this is?"

The woman screamed "Terrorist!" and fled along with the customers. When the bomber detonated the device, which killed him instantly, 21 people were wounded - one moderately, the rest lightly.
View Quote

What a [i][b]mensch![/b][/i]!

Eric The(HasTheShootingStartedYet?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 3:24:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Doesn't he feel silly now.

No Paradise for HIM!
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 3:35:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

What a [i][b]mensch![/b][/i]!

Eric The(HasTheShootingStartedYet?)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

Mensch literally means man, and is used a lot as a term of affection...mensch=stand-up guy/good guy.
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 3:46:34 PM EDT
[#3]
What a dumb ass towel head,huh!
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 4:51:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Post from raven -
Mensch literally means man, and is used a lot as a term of affection...mensch=stand-up guy/good guy.
View Quote

[i]Ich war nur versuchen, witzig zu sein[/i]. (I was just trying to be facetious).

Eric The(Actually,IDon'tKnow'Facetious'InGerman)Hun[>]:)]

Link Posted: 8/13/2001 5:08:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 5:11:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 5:15:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Could be, Garand Shooter, but then he should have waited for EVERYONE to get out first!

Or he could have just been 'tipping' his waitress!

Eric The(IsThatABombBeltOrAreYouJustHappy...)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 5:22:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Actually, it makes me wonder if he didn't have second thoughts... he knew he couldn't turn back, but he didn't want to kill... so he gave just enough warning to let everyone get away.
View Quote

or he just wanted to get one last bit of male posturing in, show his machoness "I'm in charge here, I've got a bomb"

I've got a friend that I swear thinks this way about guns and is the reason he buys them...scary stuff. Nothing more dangerous than scared macho assholes and wannabes.  but thats more an American thing I guess.
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 5:26:55 PM EDT
[#9]
OHHHHHHHH, I get it now, Eric.

You mean he was being a mensch for having the courtesy to tell the waitress he was going to blow her up. I see.

I thought you didn't know what a mensch was.  Sarcasm sometimes doesn't come across on the net.  
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 5:32:21 PM EDT
[#10]
He was just taunting.  [uzi]
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 5:35:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top