Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2001 12:35:52 PM EDT
Went to the gun shop today and found a Preban AR. 16", flash supresor, bayo lug and telestock for $850. I've never bought a pre-ban before but it seemed like a good price. It's used but in good shape. The only problem I find is it appears to be a kit gun. None of the numbers match. Is it worth $850 being a kit gun? I figured I could build it up the way I like it if anything was wrong. What do you think?
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 12:41:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
None of the numbers match.
View Quote

What "numbers" are you referring to?
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 12:46:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Serial numbers. The guy at the gun shop said the bolt had been changed. I didn't really understand what he said but something about that bolt being semi-auto only.
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 12:55:56 PM EDT
[#3]
There are no numbers on the bolt.  Or the upper. Or the barrel.....

You need to educate yourself a bit more before you leap into AR15s...and that guy in the store isn't the place to go to get it done.

But the short answer is, IMHO, no, that doesn't sound like a good deal.
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 3:54:05 PM EDT
[#4]
You supplied no information here to generic.

It would be anything from a Essential Arms lower assembled with a Nesard parts kit, on the low end to an Eagle Arms custom built match rifle.

We need more specifics.

I just sold a pre-ban kit gun on a PWA receiver to a local gun shop for $850 they will be marking it up for re-sale.

Depending upon brand and config. I would say this is about current wholesale for a no-name kit gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top