Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/21/2001 9:58:15 AM EDT
I have had the benelli Nova for awhile now.  I have only shot about 50 shells through it but was really happy with it, 'cept for the huge bruise the slug shells gave my shoulder! I havent used it in some time because every time I go to the range I find myself taking the ar or ak...

Anyway, I never hear anybody talking about the Nova and I was just curious if anybody else out there owned one and what their thoughts on it were?
Link Posted: 2/21/2001 6:35:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Benellis rock. BTW do you know that they make a mercury recoil reduction system for the Nova. Kinda tames those 3 1/2" recoils. Look into one, it is worth it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2001 7:01:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Most advanced shotguns on the market
Link Posted: 2/21/2001 7:34:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Have an M1 Super 90 and it is as 1GUNRUNNER said, "the most advanced shotguns on the market".

I would however suggest that those who think that the semi-auto can tame the recoil of a slug round, better think again 'coz it does not (learned it the hard way).

Invest in a good decelerator pad whether you have a pump or a semi-auto.
Link Posted: 2/21/2001 8:42:36 PM EDT
[#4]
M1 super 90 with ghost rings, 18.5in. barrel

eight rounds of 2 3/4 slugs in the black at
100yds., round 1 and 5 in the x ring. shot 3 rounds standing, 3 rounds one knee, and two rounds prone.
I get a lot of double takes when we shoot
sporting clays, but with a skeet choke and #6
shot it is very effective and a lot of fun.
It is the ar15 of shot guns.
Link Posted: 2/22/2001 3:01:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Have an M1 Super 90 and it is as 1GUNRUNNER said, "the most advanced shotguns on the market".

I would however suggest that those who think that the semi-auto can tame the recoil of a slug round, better think again 'coz it does not (learned it the hard way).

Invest in a good decelerator pad whether you have a pump or a semi-auto.
View Quote

Where the M190 is concerned I would have to agree, but the new mercury system for the Nova pump makes a world of difference. Without it the gun kicks like a bastard.
Link Posted: 2/22/2001 3:11:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I shoot and M1S90 too - just love it.  One of the first things I did, after I shot one full magazine throught it, was to get a Pachmayer Decellerator pad installed.  I routinely shoot 150+ rounds per shooting session with no "after effects".  ;)

I practice with it frequently and am quite confident that I deal out a butt load of a$$-kick if the need should arise. :)

Above all, practice practice practice.

CMOS
Link Posted: 2/22/2001 3:14:56 PM EDT
[#7]
M1S90. Best shotgun I ever owned.

Dan
Link Posted: 2/22/2001 3:50:53 PM EDT
[#8]
We own two...

Mine is a Montefeltro Super 90, which I like for clays and birds, and my wifes is the M1 Super 90 (how'd you guys like a wife like this, eh?  Hers is the big black ugly gun!)  She can really shoot the clays with it too, using IC for her choke.  I'd been thinking of the skeet choke for her, but if she doesn't need it...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top