Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/12/2001 8:17:27 AM EDT
I am new here and need some input...I am wanting to buy an AR.  What do I need to look for, new and used, etc, etc...Any help anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated!!!
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 8:25:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 8:33:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Spend some time browsing around here and the AR sites like Bushmaster, Eagle Arms, DPMS, etc.  Look at the different variants and try and figure out what you like.  After you get a few ideas feel to ask more ?'s.  Being new to the AR 'scene' I would probably suggest purchasing a new rifle.

If you think you're going to become a AR15.com 'bum' then you need to jump on the AR15.com Ltd. Ed. rifle before the sale ends. Here's the info on the LEGP -

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/announcement.html?id=15[/url]
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 8:49:52 AM EDT
[#3]
I am just looking for something to take to the range and shoot for fun.  I have always wanted an AR and finally decided to get one.  I'm not new to shooting...been hunting for about 20 years(I am 28 y/o), always enjoyed shooting with my dad and granddad.  Don't really have a budget set in my head yet.  Just trying to get an idea of what features to look for, brands, etc and then go from there.  I just joined a shooting club and plan to go out there and talk with others there and get their input also.
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 9:27:59 AM EDT
[#4]
The LEGP (Limited Edition Group Purchase) would be a good buy.

You can order it right now on line:

[url]http://www.castle-arms.com/[/url]
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 9:30:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 10:21:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Even if you don't quite like its configuration, the nice thing about ARs is their almost infinite configurability and availability of accessories.  So you can change the rifle to more closely suit your interests of the moment.
View Quote

RAF nailed it.  Don't be surprised that over the next few years you wind up with 2-3 AR lowers and 4-5 uppers in various configurations.  It's so easy to  push two pins, slap on another upper and then walk out with an almost completely different rifle but with the same trigger you've become accustom to.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top