Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2001 5:28:15 PM EDT
I've heard other people here talk about it, but this has never happened to me before. When I came to the site a few minutes ago I thought my PC went crazy! There's not a single word in any of the forums here, EVERYTHING IS BLACK! All I can see are the icons, & a few white lines. I have to highlight the entire page to (just barely) read anything. After the requisite jokes, can someone PLEASE tell me WTF happened, & WTF I can do about it??? (in words that I can understand - I'm not a very good geek)
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 5:49:48 PM EDT
Clear your cache.
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 5:58:27 PM EDT
Nuke communications. Just kidding, you may have 'the black lick' a very dangerous computer virus. [smoke]
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 7:06:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/11/2001 7:05:07 PM EDT by 1]
Clear your cache.
View Quote
Thanks GW, that's the first thing I did (Then I did it again, and again, and again,,,,) I even tried Goatboy's trick of making sure there's only one browser open, then slamming that one shut. Nothing seems to work. WADA Godamn nightmare! I've got the night off, so I figured I'd stay at home, & hang around here tonight. I know this has happened to a couple dozen people, somebody must've figured out how to get out of this mess (or did they just wander off?), the info would be GREATLY appreciated!
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 2:41:21 PM EDT
Anyone? Anything? Just a hint? A wild guess? I also keep getting this error message whenever a page opens: [b]Microsoft JScript compilation error [Line: 231] Expected ';' javascript:window.open("topic.html?id=43750","_top");----------^[/b]
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 3:18:32 PM EDT
the message reads as though the javaScript engine within the nrowser is misreading/processing bits. BEcasue this is embedded in your browser you will probably have to downoad a fresh one. What are you using? IE netscape or opera? Anyhow, no one like to download a new copy but that is what I would do. You will want to uninstall the current version before you add the new one. Hope that helps. Zaz
Top Top