Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/10/2001 7:28:52 PM EDT
Any body know about a semi-auto copy of a Thompson called the Commando Mark III?

Quality and value are what I am looking for.  Assume in excellent condition.

My uncle has one and he is thinking about selling it to buy an AR.  He bought it in 1976.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 7:32:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Try a search under Volunteer Arms.

Should be in the $400 range depending on condition.

Link Posted: 8/10/2001 7:37:18 PM EDT
[#2]
if it is a manchester arms rifle about $450
give or take 50 either way, a volunteer
enterprises gun about 50 less. i have had
both & they were good plinkers. my last one
a manchester i sold for $300 at a gun show.
had my eye on a bushmaster & needed the
money. hated to sell it that cheap.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 8:23:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Three of my friends each had one. They all liked their's. They said they were fun guns to shoot but not one you would want to have in a life or death situation which you most likely would not. Two of them sold theirs for $450 each simply because they needed the money or were just bored with them. Just remember, they don't accept thompson mags, if I'm not mistaken they take the old grease gun mags.

Matt
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 8:27:18 PM EDT
[#4]
both of mine took slightley modified thompson
mags. the catch hole is made a little larger.
i have also seen the ones that use grease gun
mags.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top