Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
3/20/2017 5:03:23 PM
Posted: 8/10/2001 6:38:23 PM EDT
It's a new Comp ML for my flattop carbine. Anything I should know about getting it sighted in quickly? The booklet says the sight is centered when it leave the factory. Using the Railgrabber with the flattop spacer the dot sits just right and low of the front post. What's the deal on "bending" through the optic? When I used a laser I just set the dot to ride on the top of the post at whatever range I was gonna shoot. That's all it took to zero. I'd sure appreciate any tips or tricks from CompML users.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 6:43:07 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 6:53:08 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Paul: What "bending" are you talking 'bout?
View Quote
Optical bending when you use backup irons through the Aimpoint tube. I had just heard of it, and it's really not an issue now, as I don't have a flip up rear iron. The idea was to have the carry handle stowed in the backpack in case I needed it. I thought then that the optical distortion might be an issue.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 7:21:50 PM EDT
Optical bending should not be an issue with an aimpoint period. If you got a new CET Aimpoint, it should not be a concern at all. Also, is that front sight fixed or is it a flip-up sight? Also, make sure the spacer is set up properly, it may be causing the deviation. themao [chainsawkill]
Top Top