Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
4/25/2017 7:42:44 PM
Posted: 8/9/2001 8:50:57 PM EDT
Well, some of you know I recently bought an AR10T from Armalite. And the mags these use are converted M14 mags. When you buy the rifle you get a deal on converting 5 mags at a reduced price. After asking around I discovered they don't actually send back the mags you send in, they just take 5 from stock and the deal is done. So no point buying pristine new mags right? All they require is USGI mags - no USA. OK, so I order some used mags from Coles for $32 a pop (I know you old timers, seems high but this is CHEAP by todays standards). The mags come in less than 7 days, .............. and the damn things are pristine! Four BW-S1s and on Winchester. All USGI. I am having trouble parting with these. DAMN. Maybe I am catching magaholism. I'm actually thinking of finding some crappier mags to send in - and I hardly ever shoot the damn M1A. I need advice. Is there a center for people like me???? James
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 8:54:54 PM EDT
Any gunshows coming to AZ soon ??? Usually theres TONS of junk mags at the shows...
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 8:56:07 PM EDT
Originally Posted By jimmybcool: I need advice. Is there a center for people like me???? James
View Quote
I think you're in it[:)]
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 9:04:15 PM EDT
I just missed a show. I usually see people pawning off trash as gold at these shows anymore, but you are right - it would be worth a shot. Littlemarine. Ya know, I think you are right [smile] James
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 9:15:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/9/2001 9:12:15 PM EDT by Princeton]
Usually theres TONS of junk mags at the shows...
View Quote
Yeah, but those junk mags at the gun show will be selling for $50 Does Coles have a web address, I need a few M-14 mags.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 9:16:31 PM EDT
What you do is sell the M1A to me for a good price, and then you wont have this problem anymore :-)
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 9:17:57 PM EDT
I'm going to a show this weekend 15 minutes from here in Leesport PA... I'll keep my eyes open for you, if I see any cheapie USGI stuff I'll get a phone # for you... ....ART
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 9:23:41 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Princeton:
Usually theres TONS of junk mags at the shows...
View Quote
Yeah, but those junk mags at the gun show will be selling for $50 Does Coles have a web address, I need a few M-14 mags.
View Quote
Hey Princeton... I didn't forget about you... I haven't gotten the list of FAL's yet from my dealer 'cause I haven't been up there for awhile... I just recently tore cartlidge in my knee and had surgery 2 weeks ago... I'll get up there soon and E-mail ya with a list & prices...
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 9:34:42 PM EDT
Art - Where's that Leesport show this weekend - do you have an address? Any info on how big it is?
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 9:43:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/9/2001 9:45:22 PM EDT by dragracerart]
Originally Posted By shaggy: Art - Where's that Leesport show this weekend - do you have an address? Any info on how big it is?
View Quote
I can find out and E-mail you... I haven't been to one up there yet, but I understand it's a decent one. Leesport is just North of Reading on Rt 61. About 6-8 miles I'm guessing. I drive through all the time but never went to a show up there. I think they have it at the Leesport Farmers Market. Pretty sure it's on the RH side going North on 61, past the Redner's and Burger King. I don't have your E-mail, so send it to me at: yullose@webtv.net I probably won't have more info for you till tomorrow evening... OOOHH... I just found the # in the phone book... Leesport Farmers Market Rt 61 Leesport (610) 926-1307 Not POSITIVE this is the location, but 99% sure...
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 10:18:28 PM EDT
Jimmy just order the replacement Mag Bodies Armalite sells to work with your Pre-Ban M14 mags. That way you will have both.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 10:18:37 PM EDT
Hey Princeton... I didn't forget about you... I haven't gotten the list of FAL's yet from my dealer 'cause I haven't been up there for awhile... I just recently tore cartlidge in my knee and had surgery 2 weeks ago... I'll get up there soon and E-mail ya with a list & prices...
View Quote
No problem Art. I kinda put the FAL on the back burner for a while. I'm in the process of building a few M-1 Carbines out of parts kits. Then maybe a nice Garand or two. I hope you knee heals up ok. I have a new email address: hghpwrifl@home.com
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 10:42:58 PM EDT
Just keep buying mags....you will eventually find crappy ones....
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 9:08:59 AM EDT
Guys, thanks so much for the support (group hug). David, I think I'll check with Armalite and see what I can do. I "thought" there was a change in the follower too. The Coles website is: http://www.cole-distributing.com/specials.html Marksman - talk to me. I really don't care for the M1A that much. But I've never sold a gun before. Somehow, I start thinking how I can't buy one like it in future, and I know it works (debugged), and I don't get around to it. Beagle - yeah. I know. James
Top Top