Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/9/2001 1:39:10 PM EDT
Ok I know what I'm going to get right now it's going to be an Ar-15 20" barrel from who I'm looking at Bushmaster and RRA. Last it's going to have the flat-top because I like the versatility of it.

Ok the one think I have to ask you is I was told the flip up sights where not as accuracy and where easy to knock off.

I know that you can get the carry handle or the flip up sights for the flat top. But I'd like to know if it is true about the flip up sights because if it is then I'll save an extra $20 and go with the carry handle. Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 2:13:04 PM EDT
[#1]
btt
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 2:29:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 2:30:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 10:45:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm going to use the gun with a scope and I like how with the flat top I can  change the sights on the gun.

I think I would mostly use the iron sights for back up or if the target was to close to use the scope. I'd like to keep the gun light as possible but still be able to take the shot at 350yrd and 25yrd. That's why I'm  looking at the flat top.

I found an A.R.M.S #40 for $85 shipped and I was going to buy it for the rifle. I don't know yet.

The requirements for this gun is going to have to be
1.Light or I would go for an FAL.
2.Must be able to be versatile being able to go from scope to iron sights quick.
3.Must be reliable to the point that I would have no problem hitting the target from 100yrd.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 11:51:44 AM EDT
[#5]
btt
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 12:04:12 PM EDT
[#6]
There are a couple annoying things about the ARMS#40 (windage on the wrong side, cut up aperture).  I have one and have it on a flat top with an ACOG.  It works pretty good, but I replaced the butchered aperture with a regular A2.  I think one of those Ashley same-plane apertures would have even been better.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 12:17:40 PM EDT
[#7]
I have used the GG&G MAD (multi aperature device) as an iron sight backup.  It lies very flat when not in use.  It is certainly not as strong as a carry handle iron sight, but if you have already decided on magnified optics it is worth considering.  Best.  Watch-Six
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top