Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/9/2001 9:05:37 AM EDT
I'll be in Ocean City , MD. for a weeks vacation next week with my wife celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary. Can anyone who has been there offer so things to do besides going to he beach? Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 9:21:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Slik track go karting

pretty good night life

at the end of the strip by the inlet, there are amusement park rides.  across the street you can drive "tanks" and shoot each other.

the Rocket Boat offshore rides are fun

go deep sea fishing

rent jet skis

rent bicycles

good kite flying

lot's of miniture golfing - even a course to course tournament thing
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 9:22:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I quit going to OC back in the mid `80's. It had become over-hyped and over-policed. It's a shame too because it was once a great place to go. Pretty much the only other thing to do in OC besides the beach is going to bars. There used to be some good ones, but like I said I quit going 16 years ago. The only one left that I know of for sure is the Purple Moose.

These days, I prefer boating on the Chesapeake. If I were going to a beach it would probably be Myrtle Beach.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 10:09:40 AM EDT
[#3]
For dining,

Embers, hit the buffet

Nicks, for ribs

Secrets, Jamaican jerk pork & chicken.

Take a whale and dolphin watching cruise 2-3 hours.

Go fishing, white marlin capitol of the world.

Shark fishing off the pier at night 2 nights a week ( maybe you'll get lucky)

Visit Asatigue Island, wild ponies.

Don't take a plane ride, they crash( I was there a few years ago when four people were killed in one right off the beach)

For the wife, shopping of course. lots of outlets very few deals.

Pretty good night life.

Purple moose
Pickles pub
many others

enjoy the beach (drink your beer in a can with a coozey over it and no one bothers you)

Link Posted: 8/9/2001 10:49:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Here's my picks...
Go to the go carts off the island,  they are way faster, and alot of fun.

Assateague Island is nice if you want to see what a barrier island would look like unmolested.  They have ranger guided tours that are very interesting.  And there is all sorts of wildlife.

You may be able to find a Charter boat with an open day or at least you could get on a head boat.  The Mahi-mahi are in season and very fun to catch with stand up rods.

Seacrets is the nicest "club" IMO.  It's mostly outside, set up like a Jamacian beach.  there's one bar within that's right on the bay, from there the music isn't overwhelming and it isn't as crowded as the rest of the place.  

North on route 1 you'll find all the Outlets.  Most major brands have a store there.

Everytime I go, One night is bar hopping night.  We start out at 5:00 or so and pay our $1 for the all night bus ticket.  We then just get on and off everytime we see a bar we want to go to.

I have a waverunner and use it everytime I go down.  Dewey beach Delaware (about 20 minutes north) was voted one of the best bays for waverunners (this is where I actually stay).  Rent one, you'll have a blast.

There's always the boardwalk too.  Rides, shops, and plenty of interesting people to look at.    

There's tons to do, and plenty of adjacent smaller shore towns (like Dewey) if OC feels a bit overcrowded to you.

Feel free to email me if you want any more info.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 2:05:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I haven't been there for a few years...
I remember very little since I was hammered most of the time, but I do remember a club with a Jamaican beach atmosphere called "Seacrets".
Very nice place...
It's on the bay side beach of OC MD, and you can lay around floating in big tubes in the bay while waitresses bring you drinks...VERY COOL !
...It's worth checking out

Any of the other suggestions posted are a good idea too....

I'd definately stay away from the extreme South end of OC MD...LOTS of " Riff-Raff" last time I was there...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top