Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2001 8:19:20 AM EDT
An email I received:

America's enemies are hijacking the U.N. to attack your liberty and rights. But, while this is nothing new, the fact our friends, allies, and even liberal Americans are helping them, is. We need your help to stop them.

Since the beginning of the summer, the U.S. has been voted off the U.N. Human Rights Commission ( see  [url]http://www.heritage.org/VIEWS/2001/ed050901.html[/url]) at the urging of China, Libya and Sudan, and with the go-ahead of several European nations. Then the U.N. tried to dictate American gun laws and shred the 2nd Amendment ( see [url]http://www.heritage.org/views/2001/ed071101b.html[/url]). Their latest assault comes from the Conference Against Racism, Racial Discrimination, Xenophobia and Related Intolerance.

Organizers of the August 31 conference are debating a sham agenda that will dredge up the Atlantic slave trade to demand that the United States "compensate" modern African nations. Ignoring present-day slavery in Sudan, sub-Saharan Africa, and portions of Asia, they instead are using the historical fact of slavery to try to shame the U.S. government into turning over billions of taxpayer dollars. Even some fellow Americans are jumping on the America-bashing bandwagon. Seeking support for the idea of reparations for African Americans, Conrad Worrill, national chairman of the National Black United Front explained, "The U.N. is a legitimate body for the identification of international crime. So when the U.N. takes the position with us, this raises the foundation to take the country before an international court."

Thankfully, the Bush Administration has made it clear America won't participate in the farce, and just as importantly this latest episode only proves how right our decision was to reinvigorate our U.N. Assessment Project.

As we outlined to you in our July 25 email, the U.N. Assessment Project is our effort to rein in the dangerous and destructive plans currently afoot at the U.N. We have expanded our research staff, strengthened our publicity operation and are organizing meetings, conferences and symposiums to get the attention of Congress and the White House. This is a serious undertaking, but as with all serious projects, it needs financial support.

Again, we want to thank you for participating our online U.N. Assessment Project Survey-the results were critical to our decision to move ahead. Now we invite you to join with us in our efforts to protect America from the U.N, and we hope you will click below for more information.

[url]https://secure.heritage.org/supportthf.cfm?UNAPS[/url]
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 8:54:47 AM EDT
[#1]
We really need to get out of the UN and get it out of our country!!
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 9:06:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Along the lines of paying reparitions, I would be interested to see how much each American would have to pay.  For example, I would be willing to pay $500 if the people who claimed that they were victims of slavery renounced all further claims.  For my $500, the score is officially and spiritually settled.  For good.  No more victim syndrome.  

Considering that the African-American population (whatever the hell that means what with all the interracial mixing that has taken place over 300 years) is listed at about 12%, that means that every African American would have more than 8 "other Americans" to pay reparitions.  This amounts to $4000 to every Afro-American.  Not a bad nest egg IF AND ONLY IF you manage it properly.  

$500 from me to settle the whole shebang.  I don't got a problem with that, as long as the whining stops.  If I as an asian have trouble with the way I am treated in America, I will go the hell back to Taiwan or whatever rock it was that I crawled off of.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 9:13:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Low down stinking commies, I'm  getting  sick of this. Now they want US dollars to compensate African nations. Well, if that ain't calling the kettle BLACK. Like the article states, they are still enslaving their own people right to this day. I get it now, it's like when Blacks call each other the N word it's Ok, but when Whitey does it it's baaaaaad, Whitey just don't get it does I.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 10:21:52 AM EDT
[#4]
For my $500, the score is officially and spiritually settled. For good. No more victim syndrome
View Quote

Like that would happen.  Blackmail, once started, never goes away.  It just gets bigger.

...that means that every African American would have more than 8 "other Americans" to pay reparitions.
View Quote

Once all the other "minorities" are exempted (Asians, Hispanics, Indians, etc.) that leaves...

Eddie
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 10:24:52 AM EDT
[#5]
If they get their blood money, then all affirmative action, minority targeted government programs, and anything else that uses race as a determinating factor should be scrapped.  The NAACP should likewise be disbanded as the need for "equality" will have been met.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 10:37:38 AM EDT
[#6]
what i don't understand, given that it's mostly African nations (not including our domestic issue on this problem) that are demanding the money, is why someone doesn't tell them that the Afican nations benefited from the SELLING of the those slaves as much or more than any country that every bought and used them.  i don't understand why someone doesn't tell these African countries that is was the African nations themselves who warred with enemy "tribes" and sold the captured enemies.  what i don't understand is why someone doesn't tell these African countries that the level of slavery is a direct result of them supplying the "goods" (no offense meant) for those with the demand.

anyone know where that one thread went where this topic was discussed.  it was about a book or something that broke down the numbers of slavery, the roles of each country with slaves, etc.?  that would be a good book to throw at them.  hee hee.  pun intended.

aha!  i found it.
[url]www.lewrockwell.com/sobran/sobran166.html[/url]

from the articles, recapping a point of the book:
The slaves had been Africans who were sold to European merchants by other Africans who had enslaved them in the first place. Several of Africa's proudest empires were built on the sale of slaves. For centuries Africa's chief export was human beings. When Congresswoman Maxine Waters speaks of "my African ancestors' struggle for freedom," she doesn't know what she's talking about. Slavery was an African institution long before it spread to the South, and there was no abolition movement to trouble it. When Europe banned the slave trade, African economies reeled.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 11:11:59 AM EDT
[#7]
How about this, the US pays the money to africa but doesnt send anymore of its troops on peace keeping missions and gives up all financial aid to 3rd world country's and demands repayment of all loans made to Nato country's?
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 12:49:15 PM EDT
[#8]
What about the thousands of Americans that gave their lives in the Civil War to free the slaves?  What about the fact that African Americans on average benefit from a standard of living 10 times that of African peoples in other nations?  This is ridiculous and the UN needs to stop attacking the United States and start doing something to free people that are still slaves today.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 12:53:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Reparations for [i]what?[/i] Oh, sorry, I couldn't hear you... I was busy loading magazines [-!-]
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 12:56:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 1:03:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top