Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/8/2001 4:32:05 PM EDT
The new Remington Ultra-Mag is now being offered in 7mm Remington Ultra-Mag. This round when sighted in at 250(!) yards, is only 1.68 inches high at 100 yards and only 2.55 inches low at three hundred yards. Talk about flat!! A 140 grain bullet leaves the barrel at over 3,600 feet per second!! This is one fast and flat shooting round that is a perfect choice for long range hunting or perhaps counter-snoper operations! Check out the newset issue of Shooting Times Magazine for further details.[heavy]
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 4:41:33 PM EDT
[#1]
This is from a bolt gun?
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 4:51:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmm, wonder if you can get it sighted in before the barrel is shot out?
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 4:53:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I shoot the Rem. .375 UM.  talk about a lot of engery, over 5200 at the muzzle and 4200+ lbs. at 100 yards. It had more engery at 100 yards then the .375 H&H Mag.  My next UM will be the 7mm.  The .375 sure does kick like hell.
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 5:38:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Hmm, wonder if you can get it sighted in before the barrel is shot out?
View Quote

No kidding.  Ill keep my standard 7mm rem mag thanks.  A 140gr. at 3200fps is about as flat as practical.  What animal are you going to shoot with a 140gr bullet at over 500 yards?  Any flatter and you are really just talking numbers.  As far as numbers goes it is impressive.  Personally the 7mm WSM will have much greater interest.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top