Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2001 4:26:47 PM EDT
Does anyone have any experience with this company? I recently visited their website and they have some very nice upper receivers. Is there a difference between Wilson barrels and Harris barrels? The price difference is only forty dollars, but if there isn't a big enough difference, i can spend the forty bucks on a good USGI 30rd mag.
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 5:09:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Gunner1,

I had a very bad experience with ASA.  Can't say as I would recommend anyone do business with them.

James
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 6:06:05 PM EDT
[#2]
If you want a good upper and good service
email Garryowen From [url]www.cavalryarms.com[/url]. You will get fast, good work.

100yds 68gr Black Hills
[img]wsphotofews.excite.com/031/Gp/Hc/wT/lT43441.jpg[/img]

[img]wsphotofews.excite.com/011/gr/Cp/yX/xr58552.jpg[/img]

Link Posted: 8/8/2001 6:10:47 PM EDT
[#3]
FWIW the rifle is brand new.
Less than 20 rounds have been fired.
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 7:03:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Oh $h*t!I'm all messed up now.I need a big screen T.V. to read this!
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 7:20:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the ASA CAR15 kit that I bought before they became scarce in CA. Have put through about 2K+ rds. I had some trouble in the beginning cause of the way I put it together. I did not anything about AR's back then other than it was a gun, it went bang, and the state I lived in did not like em so it added to the "cool" factor. So I marred up the recvr trying to put it together. Did not know how to properly place the detent pin so it was causing me jams. But once I got it all worked out. It is functioning great now. I like em. I have a new fav now though. My LEGP.
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 7:27:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Not sure.  I've not ordered anything from them, however, I was in Phoenix in June and visited.  Except for the owner, no one in the "sales office" new much about ARs.  Seems the guy that helped me was all too interested in selling a pistol to by his first Glock.  I had verrrry simple questions and got bad answers by more than one of the staff.
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 7:33:15 PM EDT
[#7]
I met the owner on the sales floor when they first opened in Scottsdale. That guy is a horses A$$. The employees don't seem toi know much about ar's, and service I have heard is bad.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 10:03:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Check out the posts in Industry Forums.  Their bad kharma goes back years.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 10:23:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top