Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/8/2001 2:44:00 PM EDT
What do you guys think of the following deals, I am thinking about picking these up.  Any opinions are appreciated.

1) CDNN Steyr 9mm or .40.  (I think it's the M9 and M40).  1 10 rd. mag, triple safety design, and rapid style triangle/trapezoid sights.

$369.99 + $50 for night sights.  $24.99 for extra 10 rd. mags

2) SOG CETME .308.  Century CIA steel receiver built w/ Russian parts, 19.5" barrel, and non-adjustable rear sights w/ 2 20 rd. mags.

$395

3) SOG HK-G3 Shorty .308.  Federal Arms Aluminum Receiver w/ 16.25" barrel, 1 20 rd. mag, and the round rear sight.

$489.95

These all seemed like great deals, I just wanted to see what you guys think.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 2:51:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Excellent price on the Steyr M40. I like mine a lot and paid considerably more for it because I bought right after they hit the shelves. I trust mine enough for it to be one of my house guns.
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 7:30:44 PM EDT
[#2]
That is a kick ass price on the Cetme! Buy one while they are cheap.
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 7:53:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Good prices, are the gunstore or pawn?
Ice
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 8:57:48 PM EDT
[#4]
These are gun store.  The shops are CDNN and SOG.  I thought these prices were pretty darn good.  What about the G3 shorty?  Is the CETME pretty much a shooter and not a collector being that it's Russian parts on a CIA receiver?  I have a CIA FAL and I've been told it's just a shooter.
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 10:07:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Have you picked up the styer before. I ask because I did once and would prefer to never do it again. It just felt wrong and wasn't as pointabe for me as other guns. The grip angle is different so if you are very used to something else this might not be the gun for you. As far as the CETME rifles I'm looking at either one of these or an FAL. I prefer the aluminium recievers than the thin sheet metal. Just my opinion.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 10:51:12 AM EDT
[#6]
So the aluminum receivers are built better or just personal preference?
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 12:12:55 PM EDT
[#7]
most people dislike the aluminum receivers...  they're big and clunky compared to the sheet metal.  I have never fired an aluminum receiver Cetme or G3 but I'm sure they're just as functional as the steel ones...  they just look damn ugly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top