Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/8/2001 8:01:52 AM EDT
OK, here's my beef 'round here -

UNLESS you disclaim any statement you make with "IMO," or "my $0.02" or "YMMV" people get all whiny like you are being overly judgmental or too dogmatic.

God forbid anyone should make a dogmatic statement of opinion WITHOUT apologizing for it both before and after making it.

In this way, I think TOO MANY people here are JUST LIKE the antis / Leftists / Liberal bedwetters. The ULTIMATE evil is making a statement of absolute truth, in their minds. Too often, I think we get all offended and hurt by others opinions.

I look at it this way - if people disagree with me, they are entitled to their wrong opinion. [}:D]

WHEW!!!!!!!! I'm feeling better already. Confession is good for the soul.
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 8:12:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Couldn't agree more.  Why, every time you and I have a difference of opinion, I just think to myself, "Hey, he could be just a right as I am, and I could be just as wrong as he is"  and go on about my business.
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 8:16:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 8:44:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 8:47:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By garandman
God forbid anyone should make a dogmatic statement of opinion WITHOUT apologizing for it both before and after making it.
View Quote

Most of us here get all worked up when someone, anyone, uses their own absolutes as the rationalization of why their point is most valid as opposed to actually discuusing the topic at hand.

recently there has been alot of "i wont take the time to explain it to you" and "until you see it my way your opinion is invalid" sort of comments.  

no, garandman, the above is not leveled at you.  But the content below may be a better fit.  Consider it constructive criticism in debate.

On more than one occasion you have said until someone is next to perfect you will not consider their opinion or their "whiny" thread posts.

WHEN, and ONLY when a poster can demonstrate to me that they have perfectly executed every judgment call they have EVER made in their entire lifetime will I ever give any serious consideration to WHINEY threads like this one.
View Quote

So it is ironic that you say when you won't tolerate the whiny-ness of others but in making that statement you actually come off as whining about those whiners.

Regards,

Zaz

PS oh, the intermitent CAPITALS are a little AnNoyInG.  [:)]
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 10:14:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Garandman I agree exactly with what you said above. I just wish certain moderators on this site would follow the above and stop the personal insults that go out to members who are only giving site feedback that is requested by moderators then when this feedback is givin they are told to guit whinning or leave the site.

Now I am sure someone will have to whine that me sentance was too long lacking in proper punctuation.
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 10:26:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 10:32:52 AM EDT
[#7]
IMHO it's folks just trying to be polite. It is impossible to have the kind of discourse that you get face to face by reading someone's post. Brevity requires that much of the meaning is left to interpretation. It helps to keep tempers down a couple of notches though it doesn't always work. Just my $0.02 [;)]
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 11:19:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Garandman,
Say what you want and feel,who cares what others think,I sure don't and they are entitle to their thoughts too.I sure don't louse any
sleep when someone calls me a jerk or flames me.
Rich.........oh almost forgot this is IMHO[):)]
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 11:27:15 AM EDT
[#9]
All yOur opinioN are belOng to uS!

Seriously, some people need to lighten up, if they can't take it, then don't loggin and post they stupid, whiny, piddley a$$, cry baby, runny nose, sh$t for brains, pulling things out of their a$$ wannabe opinions that have about as much value to the members as tits on a bull.  

Okay, my hair is on fire, AGAIN, so I got to go find my waterbucket.
Ice
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top