Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 3:22:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Gunmonkey, I am hereby giving you notice to change your name.

Just kidding, I thought your name was funny, because my website is www.gunmonkeycentral.com
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 3:33:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I have lived in soca for about 24 years and there is not one damm thing here worth a fuck! to many non-english speeking mother fuckers,its fucking hot as hell here,you cant have shit for firearms,and the state just loves to fuck you with its b.s. taxes every chance they get so I dont know what the hell you all are talking about what a nice place this is and hell I left out alot of shit like all the FAGS here.

P.S. I thank gunmonkey is a fuckin NAZI hahaha
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 3:37:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Maybe I am a racist. Life isn't always black and white, and we all get colored by our experiences. For those of you fortunate enough in life to not develope any prejudices, good for you. I don't consider myself particularly prejudiced, sometimes my beliefs don't square up with the facts, and goddamn , I find I'm human. I can accept my faults. There are plenty of other things I disliked about SoCal, as well as plenty of things I did like. I was just particularly perturbed by the lack of English everywhere I went. I appologize, my political incorrectness is showing.
View Quote

gunmonkey, there is no need to apologize, this is a free country, and you are free to speak your mind, just as we are free to speak up in response to you.

FWIW, I don't think that you are a racist; I think that you are just expressing what concerns you.  But try to understand that stereotyping people is an activity that can be fraught with very undesirable consequences.  In our own country, plenty of innocent people have suffered, in a variety of ways, small and large, for the perceived sins of other people who looked like them, or spoke like them.  I don't think that we as a nation, are out of the woods yet as far as this issue is concerned.

In our country's history, there have [b]always[/b] been some immigrants who were looked down, feared and despised.  In the last century, it was the Irish and the Chinese, in the early part of this century, it was the Italians, and now it is the turn of the Mexicans.  Yet in the end, people assimilate, even if it takes a generation or two.
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 4:13:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I used to live in Jacumba, Hinkley & Eagle Rock in the 40's. I guess they are still on the map.
See if you can find those towns. My uncle lived in Needles. Chicago doesn't know what heat is until you've been there.
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 4:46:10 PM EDT
[#5]
California is nice.  But Gunmonkey, you're forgeting it was the white liberal politicians that passed the antigun laws.  I would take a different colored gun owner over a liberal veggie communist white person any day. I bet some of your ancestors, no matter how white they are, didnt speak english either. The next LA riot will be a blood bath.  I know a lot of Koreans that have amazinf SHTF stashes.  They wont stand around to see their businesses burnt down again.  My dad's buddy owns a gas station. It was torched.  He rebuilt it and has 10 AK47s and 20,000 rounds of ammo hidden away. He was on his roof that night and asked the LAPD to help and they said he was on his own.  
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 9:56:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
...He was on his roof that night and asked the LAPD to help and they said he was on his own.  
View Quote

This has always been the case; as far back as the Watts riots as well. The unstated policy of LE down there is to seal off the area to keep the bad guys in, not to come in and restore order. If you're in the area that's sealed off, you're screwed.
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 11:28:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't know where you guys are hanging out but I have never had a language barrier problem and I have worked in Boyle heights(east Los Angeles) for 10 years.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 8:05:16 AM EDT
[#8]
ckapsl, I see what you're saying about the chinese and the Italians, but were they in the country illegally, then suddenly given citizenship? No, most had to enter through legitimate channels and apply for citizenship. I was reading some really cool paperwork brought to me by a customer. It was the declaration his great grandfather had to sign to become a citizen. It included disavowing any allegiance to his former homeland and it's ruler. In high school( this weekend is my 10th anniversary) I had a friend who was an exchange student from Spain. He was not allowed to even speak badly of the U.S. for fear of being sent back.So, a guest of our country may not speak his mind, but freedom of speech protects folks who ILLEGALLLY enter this country. Everything just seems so backwards. Those liberal white politicians passed those laws to gain the votes of social dependants and out of there own guilt.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 8:08:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Sorry, SquireSCA, I had no idea that there other gunmonkeys. Maybe we could start a club.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 8:28:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Hey Gunmonkey,

You could always move to detroit.
black, arab, half black, half arab.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top